Lining for tortoise house

Status
Not open for further replies.

colatoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
I have a wooden tortoise house and want to line the bottom with something to prevent it from rotting. What do you guys recommend?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Shower pan liner. It's in the plumbing isle in home depot. It's a 20 mil poly very thick plastic. It works great. Or you can also use pond liner it's a little cheaper but thinner mil. They both work great.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I use a shower curtain in my tortoise table. It's easily replace and cheap at the dollar store. Good luck! :)

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
Thanks guys! Good ideas. I'm going to compare the shower pan liner with the shower curtain and then choose.

nickercrombie

5 Year Member
I would suggest pond liner personally, shower liner is much thicker, but it's also pretty expensive. I got my pond liner for $4 a foot in a 5' wide roll. I saw at home depot shower liner was double that price. Both will do the same, and have great durability

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
What should I use to attach it with? I would like it to look as professional as possible, but inexpensive

Banshee

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
I cut my shower curtain a little bigger than needed and just used the excess on the side to keep it set.

Akronic

5 Year Member
you can either staple it at the top and corners, or you can just put it in there and forget it or use an adhesive glue and adhere it to the bottom and up the sides a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.