Lily's Weigh In

Urtle

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. Makes my day every time I read them and motivates me to keep up the good work. Thank you.

She is no mutant monster yet but im sure in no time she will be. Hopefully she does grow to be coopers little lady friend :)

EllieN said:
Wait a second - I see a pattern here. Cooper's a mutant monster, and he gets chopped up food, and Lily's a budding mutant monster, and she gets chopped up food....

I'm going to start chopping up Puck's food. She's a couple of months older than Lily and way smaller. Then again, do I want to reach the point where I can't keep up with the demand for food sooner, or later... hmm...

haha thats great! Budding monster :)

The only reason I chop up her food is because I mix it with different types of weeds and grasses. The weeds she has no problem eating whole but the grass she never really cared for until I did this. Hope it works well with Puck too :)

Linzbragg said:
I chop my sulcata's food too and he gained 5lbs in a year!

5lbs in a year seems like a big gain. How old/big was she before the gain do you know?

Zamric said:
EllieN said:
Wait a second - I see a pattern here. Cooper's a mutant monster, and he gets chopped up food, and Lily's a budding mutant monster, and she gets chopped up food....

I'm going to start chopping up Puck's food. She's a couple of months older than Lily and way smaller. Then again, do I want to reach the point where I can't keep up with the demand for food sooner, or later... hmm...

thier not Mutant Monsters!.... thier babies!

Now THIS is a Mutant Monster!:p (we chop his food too... in 1/2!)
DSCN0409_zpsd37682fc.jpg

What a beautiful pair of leopards! They look sooo healthy and well taken care of. Oh and that big guy, hes something else. How much does he weigh? Do you have others his size as well?

CIMG2177_zps80dfd1e6.jpg

CIMG2178_zps551b2995.jpg

CIMG2179_zps98d24d06.jpg

Hello everyone, before Lily's next weigh in I wanted to post some pictures. This was a couple days ago, I took Lily out to cruise around the yard and spend some time with her BIG pal :)

Enjoy. Updates coming really soon!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Urtle said:
Zamric said:
thier not Mutant Monsters!.... thier babies!

Now THIS is a Mutant Monster!:p (we chop his food too... in 1/2!)
DSCN0409_zpsd37682fc.jpg

What a beautiful pair of leopards! They look sooo healthy and well taken care of. Oh and that big guy, hes something else. How much does he weigh? Do you have others his size as well?

Thanks! The littleones are a little over a year in my keeping (Eros is 14 months old and Gaia is @20 months old)

....and as for WalkingRock he is currently @115lbs and the ONLY sucata wandering our yard, we had another but when the fighting started, we had to re-home the other. Rocky (the other) is currently @ 90 lbs.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Hello everyone,

Its that time of month again! Lily's monthly weigh in! I was surprised to see that she grew so much this last month. She has been getting more time outdoors to roam around, bask, and of course exercise. She grows a little bit each day, its wonderful! I have been anticipating these results but they are finally here :)

Lily's Age: 10 months
Lily's Weight: 853 Grams
Lily's Length: 6 1/4 inches

Enjoy :tort:

Gotta love when they throw dirt (Coco Coir) on their back :p
CIMG2225_zpsd4a9334c.jpg

I know she hates this part :/ Hang in there Lily!
CIMG2233_zps60063797.jpg

Together with her best bud :D
CIMG2231_zps3a67edba.jpg

:tort:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Great thread. Great tortoise. You're doing a fine job. My baby sulcata, “Little Ricky" is roughly 6 months now and is at 283 &. 4 1/2".

Urtle

5 Year Member
Thanks Ken! Glad to hear you are enjoying this thread. I always love to see and hear about the tortoises on here growing so nicely. :)

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Wowzers! I've been told my sulcata is heavy, but lily is heavy! Her shell seems to be a little more dome shaped? Nice and smooth! I like how our stats are posted almost on the same day every month.

TotallyRad

5 Year Member
Great post and great looking torts as well! Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Blake m said:
Wowzers! I've been told my sulcata is heavy, but lily is heavy! Her shell seems to be a little more dome shaped? Nice and smooth! I like how our stats are posted almost on the same day every month.

Im not sure if its more domed shaped, thats a good observation. I know she eats 2-3 times a day. Gets more outdoor time now, but I keep her in her indoor enclosure more often because its humid and she seems to sleeps a lot in her hide. I try soaking her 2-3 times a week and I notice that helps her growth a lot.

Its really great! I look forward to seeing pictures of Dex every month around this time. You are persistent and thats what even better about it. Hope we can go on with this for as long as possible. :)

TotallyRad said:
Great post and great looking torts as well! Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing.

Thank You!

Shannon and Jason said:
Wow lily looks great! S/he is lucky to have your as a tortoise mom

Thank you guys!

Urtle

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

I must say my Lily has grown a lot. She's a BIG girl! and because I missed last months weigh in I made sure to make up for it by taking more pictures to share.

Enjoy everyone :tort:

Lily's Age: 12 months
Lily's Weight: 1230 Grams
Lily's Length: a little over 7 inches

CIMG2308_zpsbaff9f19.jpg

CIMG2301_zps37b9c681.jpg

CIMG2288_zps7f85dff4.jpg

CIMG2295_zps8ca2276e.jpg

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I forgot about Lily! It's very neat to follow up on this girl. I thought Dexter was big, and he/she is, but lily is quite large. Dexter is 1,075 grams and 6.5 inches, 14 months! Looking forward to see our bigguns grow. Hope you stay on the forum.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Blake m said:
I forgot about Lily! It's very neat to follow up on this girl. I thought Dexter was big, and he/she is, but lily is quite large. Dexter is 1,075 grams and 6.5 inches, 14 months! Looking forward to see our bigguns grow. Hope you stay on the forum.

Thank you! I will. Im looking forward to this as well. before we know it well be measuring them in pounds :p

Urtle

5 Year Member
A picture of Lily I took about 2 weeks ago. Her weigh in is coming soon.

A mini treat :)
CIMG2312_zps11e05914.jpg

Pumi_theturtle

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1371091625.491826.jpgImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1371091639.238336.jpg Pumi is about 1/2 a pound, 6 inches in length, and 4 1/2 inches in width. She's just over a year old is this a healthy Tortoise? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Urtle

5 Year Member
[LILY'S UPDATE]

Lily's Age: 13 months
Lily's Weight: 1327 Grams
Lily's Length: 7 1/2 inches

Hold Still !! :D
CIMG2346_zps8d194ecb.jpg

Grass blend anyone?
CIMG2340_zpsa8f76092.jpg

A bundle of joy :)
CIMG2330_zpsbb2e6ebc.jpg

Urtle

5 Year Member
Pumi_theturtle said:
Pumi is about 1/2 a pound, 6 inches in length, and 4 1/2 inches in width. She's just over a year old is this a healthy Tortoise? Thank you!

Sure is. what do you think?