lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

samiburke

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
okay so i have a 20 gallon tank and i bought a light fixture at the pet store that has a double light holder so the heat and uvb bulb are next to eachother.i put this at one end of the tank and the other end has no light, is this right?

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Yupp. You might want to check the heat gradient in the tank, it's pretty small, so you might not have enough of a temperature change from one end to the other. What kind of tortoise is it?

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
samiburke said:
Baby sulcata

Well someone will probably know better then me what the heat gradient should be for a sulcata. Your going to need a bigger tank very soon though :p they get monstrous.

samiburke

5 Year Member
Florida
so ive heard once i get some money saved ill get him a bigger area

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
samiburke said:
so ive heard once i get some money saved ill get him a bigger area

I kept Walter in a big tote when I first got him until his table was finished, I'm not judging you. Everyone makes mistakes, before I had Walter when I first started my research, I thought I could keep him in a 20 gallon tank... Arguably Walter is only just 4 inches long all grown up, yours will end at 150 pounds or so.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
samiburke said:
yeah but i cant wait :D im excited for my tortoise to grow up!

That's good lol. Make sure you have some extreme fencing so he can get lots of grass and sunshine, and read Toms "The end of pyramiding" thread. I've been following it with Wally, even though his pyramids won't go away because he's adult, they at least look way better then when I got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.