Lifetime Raised Garden Beds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Has anyone ever seen these or used these? They look like they would be pretty good to use for babies or any smaller tortoise species. Let me know if you think this would be good for tortoises. They are Lifetime Raised Garden Beds google it if the pictures dont work for you they look good to me.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I think they would work just fine - I just prefer to make my own things like this, because of cost.

I found an old pink "Disney Princess" sand box frame at the side of the road, painted it with textured paint to make it look like stone, and had a $5 enclosure. My baby Cherryhead lives in it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
How deep are they? Am betting it may not be deep enough. What size diameter? Also how is the top connect to the box sides? Could the tortoise escape by squeezing between the side and the top's bottom?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I think they are 9 inches tall but they are also stackable but at 6 inches with about 3 inches or so of bedding I think a baby wouldnt be able to get out of it. They are 4 ft by 4ft and I dont think the tortoise could squeeze out through anything because these things were made to keep insects away. They are pretty pricey but it may be worth it because they just wont rot away like wooden ones.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Great points on the " non rot " ..... use of them . Yes they would be fine for hatchlings, and young torts. Another bonus using this type of matertial is the clean up part is very " tidy" and complete with no residues or germs, molds to be left in the cracks n' grains of lumber. Although , I do make my most all of my enclosures using natural products , I like your thinking~ ;)

JD~:)

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Sounds like a good idea to me. So much easier than making one yourself too. And when you don't have any more babies you can have a nice garden in it. Love the top.

I looked this up 'cause I thought I might be interested in one too. Not a good idea. The cover is clear vinyl. Would not be good for your tort baby. You would have to come up with a different type of secure cover with ventillation.

Lisa Anne

5 Year Member
Anaheim, CA 92806
We actually went the other way. We had a raised garden bed that I stole for my torts. You can see my foot in the picture for size. These were a from a semi-custom place online where you could order different sizes. The cross bars are open and the torts wander the whole length. The cover is a bird cage I deconstructed. We are very urban and do not have hawks or racoons. They don't spend the night out either.

33f3ntl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.