Lids on stock tank or tub

July

5 Year Member
I need to put a top on my leopard's enclosure-just need to increase humidity and losing so much heat out of the open top. Should I start over with a big rubbermaid/lid and do you just cut holes in the lid and let lights sit right inside holes? They dont melt the lid?
Or use my stock tank that I already have and buy some plexiglass to cover it?
I have looked through a lot of pages on enclosures trying to find specifics-
Thanks for the help.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would make a top for the enclosure you have now. If you use a plastic top, line the cut out holes with tin foil, so,you don't melt the plastic.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I need to put a top on my leopard's enclosure-just need to increase humidity and losing so much heat out of the open top. Should I start over with a big rubbermaid/lid and do you just cut holes in the lid and let lights sit right inside holes? They dont melt the lid?
Or use my stock tank that I already have and buy some plexiglass to cover it?
I have looked through a lot of pages on enclosures trying to find specifics-
Thanks for the help.
You could build a simple frame to enclose it with plastic. I enclosed a table this way and it is working really well. It is not pretty though.
IMG_20140907_183133.jpg

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Do you have a picture of your stock tank? I also use a stock tank. I have thought about making it a close chamber or partially closed but decided against it because my tortoise is an adult.but if I had a hatchling or young one I definitely wouldn't close.