Lets See Your Stars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
tickle said:
Here's my 2 incher from tortoise supply he has the #45 on hus back.I love him and tortoise supply is top notch ow its shri lankan not Indian such hot colors for a outstanding price with perfect delivery.hope u like him

He is very special :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
I actually have a question! :p Which species of star tortoise's stay's the smallest? :)

Speckled cape padlopers are going to be the smallest tortoise that shows patterns of star. However with inconsistent star like patterns they really are no "classified" in the star group. So next on the list would be the spider tortoises which depict a constant physical star appearance.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
tortadise said:
Speckled cape padlopers are going to be the smallest tortoise that shows patterns of star. However with inconsistent star like patterns they really are no "classified" in the star group. So next on the list would be the spider tortoises which depict a constant physical star appearance.

So how long do Sri lankan and Indian Star's get?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I have seen female sri lankens up to 13" and indians around 12". These were very large very mature females. but on average thats a good reference that i have seen. Some may stay a little smaller some maybe a little larger. Males tend to stay very small both around 7-8" sometimes larger but those are very large specimens. Average I would say indian 10-11" and sri lanken 11-12" fully grown on females. Males a good average would be 6-7". But like jimmy stated above the easiest way to distinguish is by weight. Weight also contributes to good fertility in specimens. A 10" female that weighs 5.5 pounds will have more success than a 10" female that weighs 4 pounds. Weight seems to play a large factor in star species. A very common overseen item especially in Burmese stars and having successful clutches is linked to weights and not length.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I just had to throw this pic in, Its from yesterday, might be the last of the sun for a little while here

xiaobochu

10 Year Member!
SUNNY CALIFORNIA
tortadise said:
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
I actually have a question! :p Which species of star tortoise's stay's the smallest? :)

Tent, geometric, maybe parrot.

Dave D

10 Year Member!
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Here is my group of four from this summer.

IMG_3714.jpg

Dave

arotester

5 Year Member
hi everybody,
just enjoyed viewing this topic but i read in this thread previously that some star do get naturally pyramided,so i got confused by this ,so can anyone tell me the difference between captive pyramiding and the natural one(with pics off course,i m slow grasp-er).:)

seanang168

10 Year Member!
I do not have a digital camera before and for a long time do not know how to post a picture. Just purchased a camera last month and this is my first attempt and would like to share my boy tortoise with you :)

Attachments

• DSC00062b.JPG
    DSC00062b.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 27

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
seanang168 said:
I do not have a digital camera before and for a long time do not know how to post a picture. Just purchased a camera last month and this is my first attempt and would like to share my boy tortoise with you :)

Very nice Star! Thank you for sharing!
~C

Status
Not open for further replies.