Leopard indoor enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tysleopardglenn

5 Year Member
So I have my leopard he is one month and he is in a hundred gallon indoor custom made enclosure made by my local zoo. (Use to work there) it is completely enclosed on three sides and the front is plexiglass. He can see out of the front and seems to just walk into the glass a lot. I have read he needs to be blocked off from seeing out would that make that behavior stop? He spends almost all of his time at the front of the cage against the glass. Even sleeps up there... I think this is weird behavior. Help!ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366162202.545268.jpg here's the cage

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, blocking the glass up just pass him will help. Also, is that a red bulb, or just the way the pic turned out. Tortoise like to eat red things and a red bulb can sometimes make them eat something they should, like substrate. Read Toms threads at the bottom of my post for proper care of leopards. The ones for sulcatas will apply also.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
My leopard has been in a glass tank and never had issues with walking into it. Some just seem to have problems while others dont. Try putting something up and see if that behavior changes.

That size of a closed chamber is great. You have lots of room to decorate. I'd suggest lots of plants and rocks to give him more to do than simply pace the walls.

Tysleopardglenn

5 Year Member
Ok I was going to put fake plants in there but was worried about him trying to eat them. And yes I use a red bulb and turn it was down until I get a CHE probably next week. He has never tried to eat his substrate and is very active at night which I also thought was strange... He seems active at night and sleeps quite a bit during the day which I thought was weird... All I all i feel he is doing pretty well... Just trying to nail everything down and fine tune temps. I got adjustable heat domes to help get everything perfect

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
I have fake plants in our baby leopards enclosure and was concerned about the same thing. I have them in little pots or laid high enough that he can't reach them.
At least I thought he couldn't until I caught him pulling one of the vines down to nest under it lol. He doesn't eat any of it. Treats it just like substrate.
Love your set up

Status
Not open for further replies.