Leonidas has grown in just 1.5 months!

kristel

Little Leonidas has been enjoying his home, running around his enclosure, climbing his rock house and doing laps during the day. He has been eating loads and every time I come home, his plate is empty. Here is a before and after picture of him. I haven't weight him yet (will do so tonight) to see how much weight he's gained, but you can see it in his shell the new, hopefully smooth, growth! photo2.JPG photo.JPG

kristel

I feed him a mix of spring salad and either kale, dandelion, wheat grass, and spider plant. I'm growing my own plants for him to eat too, but so far just spring mix combo. He eats A LOT! sometimes I wonder if it's too much? We love the colouring on him too! We weren't sure if he was going to stay dark, but this new white outline around him makes him look like a completely different tort! I like scratching his little belly/plastron.

AbbyLee22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Mexico
Do you have documentation of the weight difference? I am just curious how much weight difference a growth spurt like that is?

kristel

Do you have documentation of the weight difference? I am just curious how much weight difference a growth spurt like that is?

He was 76g when we first got him, and I just weighed him today and he is 111g now! That's after a soak and his morning poop!