Plastic Tub for inside inclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

randy

5 Year Member
Just wanted to know if a large plastic tub/container from walmart would be O.K. to use as a home for a young Sulcata for awhile. I was just worried about the heat if this would get to hot for the tub and melt it, if this would work I think I get a very large container instead of using my 30 gallon long aquarium. This Spring/Summer I am going to build a larger inclosure from plywood and wood for the Tortoise but until then I was thinking that the tub would work better + I could cut a hole on the top of the container for the light/heat bulb and keep the rest inclosed for the humidity. What do you all think, the setup is going to be done today one way or the other, everything is bought and ready to go except for the Cypress Mulch which Home Depot has for 2.50 for a pretty large bag. Also ordering 2 lb. of Mazuri to feed the little guy/girl. THANKS

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
HI RandY:

No, a lot of us use plastic bins for our indoor habitats. You don't shine the light/heat directly on the plastic anyway, so its quite ok.

9-15-11texas-1.jpg

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Joliet,IL
That's what I am doing for my sulcata that I just rescued, cant wait to see pics :D

Status
Not open for further replies.