Large heated shed or greenhouse for redfoots

Jurassic Pork

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
Hi all,

Hoping all you knowledgeable people can help me! I'm looking to move my 3 adult redfoots into a large heated outdoor enclosure. They're currently in vivariums indoors, but I'd love for them to have much more space and freedom. Would you recommend an insulated / heated shed or a greenhouse? Size wise, I'm thinking 12ft by 8ft and they will also have full use of the garden when weather allows.

I'm from the UK, so we have cold weather for most of the year. So the enclosure will need to be fully covered, durable and well protected from the elements.

I must admit I'm clueless when it comes to all things DIY. Any ideas on who would be able to help me construct something like this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi all,

Hoping all you knowledgeable people can help me! I'm looking to move my 3 adult redfoots into a large heated outdoor enclosure. They're currently in vivariums indoors, but I'd love for them to have much more space and freedom. Would you recommend an insulated / heated shed or a greenhouse? Size wise, I'm thinking 12ft by 8ft and they will also have full use of the garden when weather allows.

I'm from the UK, so we have cold weather for most of the year. So the enclosure will need to be fully covered, durable and well protected from the elements.

I must admit I'm clueless when it comes to all things DIY. Any ideas on who would be able to help me construct something like this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Your Redfoot will need a constant high humidity to thrive.
That'd be easier in a greenhouse than with a shed. (If it's the type of shed I'm familiar with)

Jurassic Pork

Manchester
Your Redfoot will need a constant high humidity to thrive.
That'd be easier in a greenhouse than with a shed. (If it's the type of shed I'm familiar with)
Thanks Zeropilot, that's kind of what I was thinking. Do you reckon an 'off the shelf' type greenhouse would suffice and place it on a concrete base?
In terms of humidity, I've read on here that foggers aren't great for torts. What would the solution be to keep humidity up in such a large area? Sprinkler system?