Kona and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal desert
Well, I scrapped the name Kono and went back to Kona. I dont care that he's a boy. (i have a female cat named Maverick - what the heck) He's kind of a pretty-boy so Kona fits.
Sooo ... He is pooping just fine these days, still. I am still feeding him moist greens as he still has his sutures. He saw his Vet last month and he said they had to stay in another month. He goes back next week. But he is doing well otherwise.
Moe has gained 5-1/2 lbs since we brought him home in July. That is one growing boy. :) We didnt build a winter "shed" yet, but they have a "Den" instead. Its about 4' x 2-1/2', we installed a CHE and have hay in there. The nights have only gone down to the mid 60s and the days are a perfect mid 80s. It really doesnt get cold out here during the days. Mid 60's is a pretty cold winter day for us. Nights can get into the 40's but their den heats up real well and stays that way. We only had to put Kona and Moe in there the 1st night, they go in and out of there during the day and go in on their own for the night. So guess they are happy with it.
The Deserts are slowing down but I think I'm going to keep them from hibernating this season. I havent been able to get them vetted yet and I think its going to be a wet year so dont want them in their burrow. I can keep them in the garage but will have to see if its cool enough in there 1st. We'll see .... they usually find their way into a leather bag under my bed for the coldest part of the winter.
So thats about it .... hope everyone and your critters are well ... have a good night.

Annieski

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Edison, N.J.
So happy to hear that all is going well. I'm glad the Kona has a "happy ENDING".

Status
Not open for further replies.