Know of a High Calorie Cat food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBennillers

5 Year Member
I went on Vacation to Texas last month and brought home a poor kitten from the Denton animal control. Since we have gotten him he has had to be treated for worms and coccidia twice and is still fighting the coccidia. My main problem is that he was losing weight instead of gaining. At his vet appointment he weighed in at less than a pound! I don't really know how old he is for sure but I would guess... maybe around 12 weeks give or take. So the vet sent me home with one can of Hill's a/d canned food thinking it would last a week or so with such a small kitty.. it lasted 2 days. So my question is, does anyone know of another high calorie canned food that I could pick up at a local pet store or something that would be a little cheaper than the a/d? I'd like to get him up to normal healthy weight. or at least not be able to feel all his little bones poking out.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Would the vet have something for you to use?

TheBennillers

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
Would the vet have something for you to use?

Yes the vet gave me a can of science diet a/d, I was hoping to find something a little cheaper since he eats more like a horse than a kitten. The science diet a/d is over $3 a can at my vet. :( If thats the only thing that will work I don't mind paying it, I was just hoping to save some cash if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.