Knobby again

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
This tortoise is simply too much. Yesterday he decided to break into the box turtle pen. After chasing the turtles around, Kobbs decided to go for a swim. Well, not exactly...he was eating the big healthy patch of white clover, and grazed himself off the cliff. So he fell down into the water. I had been taking pictures of my car, so I had the camera, when I went to check on the torts. I wish I'd thought "video", but I'm old, so I didn't, but I am here to say, "yes, Virginia, tortoises can swim", and Knobby made a damn good job at it. I was duly impressed. The water come up passed my knees, so it was deep for him
100_5048.JPG

100_5049.JPG

100_5050.JPG

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
We both love him❤️? thanks for the big smiles

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
This tortoise is simply too much. Yesterday he decided to break into the box turtle pen. After chasing the turtles around, Kobbs decided to go for a swim. Well, not exactly...he was eating the big healthy patch of white clover, and grazed himself off the cliff. So he fell down into the water. I had been taking pictures of my car, so I had the camera, when I went to check on the torts. I wish I'd thought "video", but I'm old, so I didn't, but I am here to say, "yes, Virginia, tortoises can swim", and Knobby made a damn good job at it. I was duly impressed. The water come up passed my knees, so it was deep for him
View attachment 304996

View attachment 304997

View attachment 304999

may least get will be tired tonight from all that swimming???? Holy....cow-a-bunga!!!
He is one of a kind and AWSOME!!!!
He might make you famous some day for being the only swimming sulcata in THE WORLD!!!!! ???????????

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
may least get will be tired tonight from all that swimming???? Holy....cow-a-bunga!!!
He is one of a kind and AWSOME!!!!
He might make you famous some day for being the only swimming sulcata in THE WORLD!!!!! ???????????
If you think he's so freakin awesome, YOU take him

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sex him/her and if it is her sell her. Everybody is looking for a lady sulcata for their male!
I understand your point, but Knobby was so badly pyramided and was so abused, even if female, she wouldn't be a good breeder prospect. I've been trying to pay anyone to take him, but nothing, I couldn't charge for something I got free.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I understand your point, but Knobby was so badly pyramided and was so abused, even if female, she wouldn't be a good breeder prospect. I've been trying to pay anyone to take him, but nothing, I couldn't charge for something I got free.
Just tell them Knobby is a rare low mountain west African sulcata so due to special air the shell grows that way. Pay someone to make you an online website that backs it up! Boom suckers get parted from their bills! Look at all the cherry head crap!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
If you think he's so freakin awesome, YOU take him

I would take him in a heart beat !!!
But then I would have TWO grown sulcata in NJ??? Tom and Yvonne would KILL me!
I can’t even raise mine correctly till I found you guys. Poor little man .... so misunderstood... ??????
If I can figure out a way to move somewhere nice and sunny/hot.....
I AM COMIN FOR KNOBBS!!! ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I would take him in a heart beat !!!
But then I would have TWO grown sulcata in NJ??? Tom and Yvonne would KILL me!
I can’t even raise mine correctly till I found you guys. Poor little man .... so misunderstood... ??????
If I can figure out a way to move somewhere nice and sunny/hot.....
I AM COMIN FOR KNOBBS!!! ?
You don't have to come for her, I will bring her to you!

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Just tell them Knobby is a rare low mountain west African sulcata so due to special air the shell grows that way. Pay someone to make you an online website that backs it up! Boom suckers get parted from their bills! Look at all the cherry head crap!

This is just a rare African tortoise lived in Egypt - that’s why she got those pyramids.
Duh !!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Her answer is Swimmy Knobby

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
You asked so here is her new answer LOL. Your new answer is Mary Knobby Poppins.
Her favorite movie, this is how is have Miss. Dexter Persimmons, I added Dexter.