Destruction

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Knobby knocked down the cinder block wall to go in and attempt to destroy the grape vine that helps feed Big Sam and him. Knobby tried for whatever reason to go thru the grape plants, only there was no 'thru' there
100_5009.JPG
100_5008.JPG
This is what I had to do to protect what's left of the hydrangea he tried to quash.
100_4998.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
We need to point all the new sulcata baby owners to posts like this, let them see what that cute little baby can do.
I keep trying to do exactly that. Knobby is only 40 lbs, but it seems here most tortoises weigh in the gram range, with new keepers. Frankly, I am experienced (somewhat) at keeping Sulcata, and I am here to say, when those teeny 60 gram babies get bigger they will no doubt challenge you, and you need to expect some experiences. I have been trying to get keepers with bigger Sulcata to post some experiences they've had growing up tortoise
100_5003.JPG

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Still so darn cute. ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Thats why I didn't pick a sulcata like my son wanted lol. I knew one day it would be a giant, destructive bulldozer and I already have a giant destructive thing in my house. Its called a kid. ?
Gosh is Knobby cute though!
Thank ypu...Personally, he's a giant pain in my ***, and I really want to, and I was supposed to, find him a forever home that ain't me. He is goofy, funny and I am very afraid what he's gonna be like at 100 lbs...125 lbs and up and up. The last time we weighed Bob before he died he was 125 lbs, friendly, quiet entertaining and ,in my memory, was easy to keep, I feel I have to hire a tortoise sitter for Knobby when I'm gone for any length of time,, because I am afraid he could hurt himself. Neighbor kids play with him when i'm gone. He seriously is a kick.
I love this face! And yes, he does have an over shot jaw. It has been gradually breaking off all summer from grazing outside. But do you want to try and hold the head out of a extremely strong crazy thing who recently bent the pole on the chain link gate??? Hmmm, not me
100_4164.JPG
This is my favorite photo of Knobbs

Last edited:

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Lyns lives the swimming pictures. She too loves the pool. Thanks for the song reference.?