keeps eyes closed and chipped beak

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Different tortoises seem to prefer different temperatures. Most of mine do fine between 85 and 95.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So that I don't relay the wrong info...isn't it about 95f soak temp for all the species?

Different individuals sometimes have different preferences.

Me personally? I just soak them and it is what it is. All of mine get used to it and none of them are bothered regardless of water temp or depth, or time of day.

AnimalLady

I just started soaking. I didn't check the temp. I used the same method as bathing a baby... warm, but not ouch warm, ya know? This is good, right?

AnimalLady

Update us please…

I think he really likes it. I did not keep adjusting the temp, so I placed him somewhat in the sun so the water could maintain temp. He kinda just sprawls out, on Sunday he pooped in the water 3 times, so I had to change it 3 times! I thought that was a bit much, but he was happy lol.

Here he is :) Do I need to put more water?

20150828_171944.jpg
20150923_134736.jpg

Nephelle

Pittsburgh, PA
I think he really likes it. I did not keep adjusting the temp, so I placed him somewhat in the sun so the water could maintain temp. He kinda just sprawls out, on Sunday he pooped in the water 3 times, so I had to change it 3 times! I thought that was a bit much, but he was happy lol.

Here he is :) Do I need to put more water?

View attachment 151339
View attachment 151340

Give him a roll of duct tape, a paperclip and 15 minutes, and Mac will turn that bowl into a hot tub!