Keeping them off their backs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glasswalker

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh
Blah, last night was the second time I came home from work and found Domino on his back. He's fine now, but I hate that I have no way of knowing how long he was like that. At the very least, most of his food was eaten, so I know it didn't happen right after I left in the morning. From what I can tell, it looked like he was trying to climb the walls of his enclosure and fell over. Is there a way I can keep him from doing that?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If he can see out, block it so he can't. Other then that, I am not sure. Maybe put some plants or rocks, or something along the sides, that if he tips over he can get a grip on something to flip back over. See what others might have to say.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
My Tank did that about every day for the first year. I worried all the time. I removed anything he could climb on while I was gone.

sheilaamistone1974

5 Year Member
don't know if he is in a tank or not or his age, but mine used to be on dirt. he tipped over 2x. it freaked me out being a first time tort mom so I changed his bedding to aspen. he has not done it since. just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.