Kansas Sulcata Hatchling

Cassidy Dixon

This is Tucker. I just got him on Friday the 27th. I currently keep a African Side neck turtle, Red eared slider, and lots of fish. I have 2 55 gallon tanks one for each turtle and I have a 40 gallon that has 10 baby convicts. I am very hands on and built all of my filters for my tanks. It took me a year and a half of thinking before I ordered this little guy. I am department lead in the fabrication department at the local trailer/ forklift factory. I am 28 and have been with my wife for 12 years (married for 8 years). We have 3 little boys that are 5,6,and 8 years old. We have a very happy home for the new sulcata. I keep him in my shop/ man cave along with all my other tanks. tucker.jpg

Donna/Turbo

Location (City and/or State)
Banner Elk, NC
Welcome glad you found the Forum. You will learn so much here. Your little guy looks a lot like my little guy.
20150319_154453.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cassidy, and welcome to the forum!

Please be sure to read the pinned threads at the top of the sulcata section.

Your habitat looks great for the little one.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Lovely enclosure and Tucker is gorgeous.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome. :) Depending where in KS you are, I live a couple miles from the KS border in Nebraska. :)

Cassidy Dixon

Hi and welcome. :) Depending where in KS you are, I live a couple miles from the KS border in Nebraska. :)
Me to! I live 10 miles into Kansas from the Nebraska line. I live south of Beatrice if you know where that is

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Me to! I live 10 miles into Kansas from the Nebraska line. I live south of Beatrice if you know where that is
Where from Marysville, KS?

I do know Beatrice lol. I live between there and Fairbury, but nearer to KS in Steele City.

I am guessing you work at the factory in Marysville?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I have actually been to Beatrice. My cousins live there for a while. Full-size of my family are from Wray Colorado. It's funny to hear names of those little towns here on the forum. Welcome to the forum, there's great information here.

Cassidy Dixon

Where from Marysville, KS?

I do know Beatrice lol. I live between there and Fairbury, but nearer to KS in Steele City.

I am guessing you work at the factory in Marysville?

Yes I work at Landolls in Marysville. I live 20 miles east of there.

Cassidy Dixon

Tucker is doing amazing. We battled RI for the first week but now he shows no signs of it and is healthy as a horse. Here is a picture of him in the yard Saturday. He walked half way across the yard several times. tuckerwalk1.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I was in Marysville last week and was wondering how you were doing. Glad that he has recovered. :)