Kame the Radaiated Tortoise

litaiyuang

5 Year Member
He's losing weight? What do you feed him? I mixed mazuri and chopped greens for him when I had him and he would gain about 10g/month. I figure he should be growing faster now that he's bigger and the weather's warmer (if you are keeping him outside).

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, New York
I am keeping him outside and feeding mixed greens and he eats a lot of them. I am unsure of how accurate the scale is. I am keeping him outside and he is getting lots of sunlight and is super active and healthy. I don't know whether to feed mazuri or not because I read somewhere that is not all natural.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Hi I weighed Kame today on 06/19/14 and Kame weighed only 121g. I think I am going to have to start feeding him/her more than I already do.

Really beautiful tortoise! I hope to get a pair of these.... some day.

Since it's still a young tortoise, I wonder if the weight loss is just missing water weight. Do you soak regularly?

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Long Island, New York
Really beautiful tortoise! I hope to get a pair of these.... some day.

Since it's still a young tortoise, I wonder if the weight loss is just missing water weight. Do you soak regularly?

Yes, I soak once a day everyday. I weighed Kame recently and Kame weighed 135g once I added mazuri into the diet.