Just some random photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Here are a few photos of the cute/odd things my torts have been up to lately!

This is what I get when I walk by the Redfoot
021-1.jpg

018.jpg

Nope, not interested, not coming out!
019.jpg

Unless she sees food, then I am graced with her presence!
007-2.jpg

if she could swallow it whole, I think she would
008-2.jpg

Here is Steve the Russian and his daily greens shower! As soon as he sees me with the tub of greens he runs over to climb to the top of the pile, apparently the lettuce on top tastes better
016.jpg

And the odd way the hinge soaks, face down, bottom in the air?!
013-1.jpg

Last but not least, the little box. He scrambled and tried to escape for the 20 minutes I had him out to soak. Once I placed him back, he immediately ran to his water for a drink! LOL silly turtle, apparently he can't drink the CLEAN water in the sink.
024-1.jpg

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
great pics! my big russian girl always climbs up on top of the greens, causing them to fall into the substrate...grrr lol

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
WalkingRock walks over the pile, no mater how big, makes a u turn and starts eating from the otherside.... Some torts! Go figure!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
I love the redfoot hiding pics! Your hinge must be able to breathe in water :p

jkingler

5 Year Member
Awesome pics. :D The selective hermit bit is my favorite. "I will never reveal mysel-- FOOD!"

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
Torts sure are characters! The first week I had the redfoot she never hid, but she has shell rot so I have to take her out to treat it. Now she burrows and I have to coax her out! She also pees and or poos on me EVERY time I rub the medicine into her plastron, no matter how long I let her soak before hand :(
I guess that is her way of stating her displeasure.

My box turtle also burrows himself like this. He will scare the life out of me when I clean his enclosure, all of a sudden, a little head will pop out of the dirt to ram my hands!

They definitely keep me entertained!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Tortoises often poop and pee as a defencive measure.

I hand carried a 12" sulcata on a plane from Palm Springs CA. to Dallas TX. The lady at the security desk wasn't sure how to handle this, so she did a swab to check for drugs and explosives. When she did that on his undershell (plastron?) he started peeing and peed for quite sometime! you should have seen the look on her face when the urate (Lots -o-White!) splattered down the front of her uniform... I was beside myself with embarrisment and mirth at the same time!

Status
Not open for further replies.