just out of curiosity..........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBSKUNK

5 Year Member
Amen....I couldn't have said it better myself!

13skoots said:
It appears to me that the statement some of us are using to condemn this person is nothing other than the writer correcting his use of the word turtle, to the word tortoise. I may not be right, but the meaning presented by the accuser seems to require a major stretch of imagination. I am sure everyone meant well, but even if our accusations were correct, this poor guy got railroaded.
This forum, if it is to serve its members and visitors properly must be remain professional. That means sticking to the subject of the thread. If information is requested, and we wish to share our knowledge and experience we should respond. I see nothing wrong with straying from the subject if needed to let somebody know they have or are about to do something not allowed by law. An excellent example of this occured recently on this forum when somebody appeared to about to incubate eggs artifically. This was a case where violation was clear due to photos, not by reading between the lines. We must not cheapen this forum like so many forums have. I would suggest that even if somebody clearly state an intention to do something not legal that if you reply to them with information they have requested you let them know the law. A forum of this level should not accuse somebody by simply saying there is a law against it. All laws are codified. A Proper accusation must state this codification so others may research and come to their own conclusions. The information this forum has supplied me has been invaluable. It has definitly improved the quality of living for my tortoises. The best part of it the open mindedness of all of you. You believe that everybody who makes an inquiry has the best of intentions and any law violation accurs only because somebody is not aware of it. In that case, a polite mention allows the violator to come in to compliance. Let the other forums do mudslinging and argue with each other about who knows the "right" way to do things. sorry to have stayed so very far from the subject of this thread and to be so long winded but I did want to express my opinion that this forum is for information and experiences exchanging and I appreciate everybody who does so.

Status
Not open for further replies.