Just got a turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajlec2000

5 Year Member
Hello everybody. I just acquired what I believe to be a gulf coast box turtle. Naturally I researched care for box turtles first. I found TortoiseForum in the search and after reading through a few topics I was impressed by the knowledge and helpfulness of its members. Joining here was a given. Thanks for including me.

RoseRose

5 Year Member
Welcome! I'm a newbie too. Box turtles are awesome! I have an ornate, Sherlock, who came to me in April. Be warned: once you have one, you want more.

~Rose

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum:) post some pic's so we can tell you if it is a gulf coast boxie :)

ajlec2000

5 Year Member
Thanks, gang.
Rose, I grew up between the Pine Barrens and the Jersey Shore. I had an outdoor pen in which I would keep some of the numerous turtles that wandered into the neighbor hood. We'd fatten them up on worms berries and vegetables and let them go in September. They have ever since been my favorite animals. Adult life being what it is I have not been in a situation where I could give a turtle a good home. Until now.
Corey, I'll post some over in the box turtle sub forum. My turtle is large for a box, 611 grams at his vet visit a week and a half ago. He also has prominent flairing on the rear carapace edge. No white on the head or neck that is common in the gulf coasters.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi ajlec2000:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Albert! So happy to have you joining us at TFO. Also thanks for your kind words about our site. :tort:

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
First welcome to the forum, there is a lot of informed memebers her.

Second pictures pictures pictures, we love pictures.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Hello and welcome! Many many of us keep box turtles here was well as tortoises. In fact, many of us consider them honorary torts, lol. We are glad to have you!

Status
Not open for further replies.