Just a thought (galvanized water trough?)

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Looks good, but don't you find yourself peeking in on your tortoise every few minutes? :) Maybe that's just my OCD tendencies showing up.

oknursedana

5 Year Member
Yes. If my husband wouldn't have been with me it would have been plexi on the top. I can always upgrade at a later time.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422235998.581477.jpg

A closer view of the top. I have since placed a couple of towels on top to cover the gaps. I have turned his light off and will check his temps in the morning. What kind of thermostats do you use?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
But there is a magnet on the back and also a stand so you could rig it up in different ways but there is no probe to put in different parts of the enclosure.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422245991.734353.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422246005.202230.jpg

oknursedana

5 Year Member
Groovy. Thanks! I just checked the temps and I had to turn the thermostat down a little. It's crazy how much better this is at holding the temp.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Groovy. Thanks! I just checked the temps and I had to turn the thermostat down a little. It's crazy how much better this is at holding the temp.
Yes, I noticed that as well when I made mine just a partial close chamber. it's not nearly as tightly sealed as yours is but it still helps a lot. I think a little air circulation is good, but I've never really used a close to chamber before.

oknursedana

5 Year Member
I have 2 Danes and a rott/lab cross. If I didn't have it covered I would have to worry about the puppy (100 lb dane) hurting the tort and I can't have that. He seems to like it in there. Or at least one side of it anyway. Lol

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I have 2 Danes and a rott/lab cross. If I didn't have it covered I would have to worry about the puppy (100 lb dane) hurting the tort and I can't have that. He seems to like it in there. Or at least one side of it anyway. Lol
Oh my God 100 pound puppy :)my dog likes to lay beside it, I think it is because it is warm. I guess a little more security would be required with those big four-legged critters around.