Question: Hanging a Calcium Block in Enclosure

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hello, fellow tortaholics! I have a question about hanging a calcium block in the tortoise enclosure. I have one leftover so I figure I should use it and allow my tortoise access to it. I'd like to keep it off the enclosure floor so it's easier for me to clean. I'm thinking of hanging it from the wall with some wire (low enough that he can reach it, of course). What type of wire would you suggest in case he accidentally tries to chomp on it? Galvanized steel? Or might there be a better hanging method entirely? Thank you in advance.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hello, fellow tortaholics! I have a question about hanging a calcium block in the tortoise enclosure. I have one leftover so I figure I should use it and allow my tortoise access to it. I'd like to keep it off the enclosure floor so it's easier for me to clean. I'm thinking of hanging it from the wall with some wire (low enough that he can reach it, of course). What type of wire would you suggest in case he accidentally tries to chomp on it? Galvanized steel? Or might there be a better hanging method entirely? Thank you in advance.
Hang? Like in mobile swinging back and forth? Anyway, that's what I pictured and I don't think that would work for torts...

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Hang? Like in mobile swinging back and forth? Anyway, that's what I pictured and I don't think that would work for torts...
Not swinging, but kind of "clipped" onto the wall; immobile.

Maybe some of sort of rope would be safer/nontoxic.