Just a thank you

MSLATICK22

Location (City and/or State)
Emmaus PA
@Tom

Good morning. I have never posted on this forum before, but have been an avid reader and researcher on this site since last summer. Fortunately, I stumbled upon Tom's care guide very shortly after getting my sulcata hatchling. With that said, I felt it was necessary to throw a big thank you out there. My Frank, is not only thriving but is gorgeous. .. and I do attribute this directly to the knowledge I obtained from this forum and the guide. I often share this information throughout the Facebook groups and hope to see many more healthy happy torts live long lives.

Frank is just 10 months old, and already is near 7 inches and weights 1lb 4 oz..

Couldn't have done it without ya!

Thanks again!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
@Tom

Good morning. I have never posted on this forum before, but have been an avid reader and researcher on this site since last summer. Fortunately, I stumbled upon Tom's care guide very shortly after getting my sulcata hatchling. With that said, I felt it was necessary to throw a big thank you out there. My Frank, is not only thriving but is gorgeous. .. and I do attribute this directly to the knowledge I obtained from this forum and the guide. I often share this information throughout the Facebook groups and hope to see many more healthy happy torts live long lives.

Frank is just 10 months old, and already is near 7 inches and weights 1lb 4 oz..

Couldn't have done it without ya!

Thanks again!
And this is why I do it. Your post right here is all the reward I would ever want. Healthy well cared for tortoises are the goal. Thank you for the thank you.

May I ask, what has been the reception on the FB groups when you present this info? In the past I have been told that the info is soundly rejected, deleted, and the poster banned from the group if they argue or persist by showing factual evidence like your picture. Is that tide turning? Is the info starting to be "allowed" now, and possibly even accepted?

MSLATICK22

Emmaus PA
And this is why I do it. Your post right here is all the reward I would ever want. Healthy well cared for tortoises are the goal. Thank you for the thank you.

May I ask, what has been the reception on the FB groups when you present this info? In the past I have been told that the info is soundly rejected, deleted, and the poster banned from the group if they argue or persist by showing factual evidence like your picture. Is that tide turning? Is the info starting to be "allowed" now, and possibly even accepted?
I do believe the tide is beginning to turn. I mean FB is FB and it is what it is... but I have noticed over the past 9 months or so, even on the grouchy groups .. if I keep posting Frank as evidence and then stressing humidity etc,.. I have noticed a slight adjustment on their care guides to more reflect yours.. which is good.

As for the main group I am involved in, Tim does a wonderful job of spreading your caresheet, and I try to add it in where ever I can. .... all in all things are probably better than before and the information is being more well received.

I have your guide link copied, and try to share with as many as possible.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I do believe the tide is beginning to turn. I mean FB is FB and it is what it is... but I have noticed over the past 9 months or so, even on the grouchy groups .. if I keep posting Frank as evidence and then stressing humidity etc,.. I have noticed a slight adjustment on their care guides to more reflect yours.. which is good.

As for the main group I am involved in, Tim does a wonderful job of spreading your caresheet, and I try to add it in where ever I can. .... all in all things are probably better than before and the information is being more well received.

I have your guide link copied, and try to share with as many as possible.
That is FANTASTIC news! Double thank you for that.

Scott&taco

Porsgrunn, norway
Sulcatas are such beautiful torts! And I’ve heard they have great personalities too. I’ve always wanted one but due too norways cold climate in the winter it hasn’t really been a possibility. That’s why I stuck with hermanns, they are just so cute! I got mine at 3 months old, and they were so tiny. Now taco has grown up a bit, but still a troublesome little feller at nearly 2 years old. It’s been a bit of a struggle to afford all the equipment as a teen tortoise parent but I’ve managed and taco is a stunning little chap.