Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTHam

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Hey everyone! My name is Leslie, my husband is Cole, and we have four Russian Tortoises: Frank, Sassy, JWoww, and Snookie. They are our children. We have had Frank since the summer of 2009, Sassy since October 2009, and JWoww and Snookie since August 2010. Sassy is the largest, Frank and JWoww are about the same size, and Snookie is our baby, though she is getting big now! We got them all at Petsmart, and no one seemed to be able to tell us their ages. We even had to figure out the difference between males and females on our own! :rolleyes:

:tort::tort::tort::tort:

I stumbled across this forum, and I am so excited to have found it. We have been taking good care of our babies, but in the hour that I have been cruising through here, I have learned so much, and I cannot wait until we go to the store tomorrow to stock up on new tortoise supplies!

rachael

5 Year Member
los angeles
Hey welcome to the forum! someone likes jersey shore!

can you post photos of your babies?

LTHam

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
rachael said:
Hey welcome to the forum! someone likes jersey shore!

can you post photos of your babies?

Uh, every Thursday night at our house is Jersey Shore night! My husband is just as ridiculous about it as I am, so we had to name our girls after our fave guidettes! Haha! And how do I post pictures on here? I am still trying to figure some of this stuff out. :rolleyes:

LTHam

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Ah. Thank Rachael! I will do that and post some soon!

165743_1626007984551_1667083719_1422198_3879570_n.jpg

Clockwise from the top: Frank, JWoww, Sassy Lashes, Snookie.

Don't mind the mess in their water dish... we are having a hard time finding a big enough water dish for all of them, and they fight over it (nonviolently!) so we have to clean it out every day!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome.
Since they are petsmart russians they are WC and you will not be able to know their ages. But enjoy them, my 3 russians were all turned in by people who no longer wanted them and they were all petsmart/petco tortoises, and I have had my oldest one for 10 years now.

LTHam

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
dmmj said:
Welcome.
Since they are petsmart russians they are WC and you will not be able to know their ages. But enjoy them, my 3 russians were all turned in by people who no longer wanted them and they were all petsmart/petco tortoises, and I have had my oldest one for 10 years now.

What does "WC" mean?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sorry it means wild caught

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Leslie:

You and you husband are very welcome her on the forum!! Your tortoises look healthy and happy.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Hi Leslie and welcome to the TFO family.

I have the same problem with water dishes and food dishes, so I use the ceramic dish that is for plant pots, they come in all sizes, they are heavy so they won't tip, you can get enough water in them so that if they flip they don't drown.

I also use them for food, with them being a non- glazed dish it helps keep their nails in trim.
As I don't know whether I have explained myself very well, here is a link with a photo of one of the dishes,:shy:
The one in the link is plastic but you can get the just of it, and they are cheap....

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-111995548-plato-apoya-macetas-_JM

LTHam

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
bikerchicspain said:
Hi Leslie and welcome to the TFO family.

I have the same problem with water dishes and food dishes, so I use the ceramic dish that is for plant pots, they come in all sizes, they are heavy so they won't tip, you can get enough water in them so that if they flip they don't drown.

I also use them for food, with them being a non- glazed dish it helps keep their nails in trim.
As I don't know whether I have explained myself very well, here is a link with a photo of one of the dishes,:shy:
The one in the link is plastic but you can get the just of it, and they are cheap....

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-111995548-plato-apoya-macetas-_JM

That's brilliant! I have not even thought of that! Thank you! We are running our tortoise errands today, so we will most definitely check out some of those dishes! :)

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Sammi is sulking that she isn't included in your group...wherever she is. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.