Just A Few Pics Of Walker In The Early Afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVonSluis

5 Year Member
Len said:
We are having a beautiful day here today at the Beach, temp about 50 and sunny.
Is that also a Sulcata? reason I ask is I have two, one is three and the other four years old. One is growing a lot faster then the other, was curious how large mine should be at those ages.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
MVonSluis said:
Len said:
We are having a beautiful day here today at the Beach, temp about 50 and sunny.
Is that also a Sulcata? reason I ask is I have two, one is three and the other four years old. One is growing a lot faster then the other, was curious how large mine should be at those ages.
Yes,he is a 16 year old, 27 inch, and about 100 pound sulcata that I got as a hatchling. The growth rates vary, Here is a pair I adopted that came from the same clutch that hatched in May of this year, as you can see they are nowhere near the same size even though they are kept and fed the same way.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I like the chair too. Nice spot to hang out with your tort.

I remember pics of his winter hide, but how big is his entire enclosure again?

Katherine

5 Year Member
Great pictures, he is such a stud! I am jealous of your leaves too.

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
Wow nice looking torts, if I ever live in a place where I am capable of having a larg tort it would be a sculcata. For the time being up here in Alaska its about 0 dagrees f. So needless to say no going out side untill late spring. Lily sure does love going out side! As do I; being cooped up for days on end is no fun. I can not wait untill spring/summer to get here. 50 would be nice right about now :(

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I love to see the 5th picture with the chair, big tree and blue sky as the background. No cloud at all. Perfect!!

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Wow beautiful! It's stuff like this I dream of... I'd love to live in a warm climate and be able to keep my tort outside, he looks so content :)

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
That's not fair! In the UK it's about 5 degrees and tonight it'll definitely be in the minus's! Lovely pictures :)

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I WISH it was warm here all the time, Last night it went down to 23 F, but it did warm up to near 50, Walker just went back into his house after 4 hours of wandering, eating, and just being a Sulcata. -- Lynne, to answer your question he has a little over 8000 sq ft to wander in--

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Nice pics and pretty sulcatas..everyone should move to the valley of the sun...we are still in the high70s and 80s...

Status
Not open for further replies.