10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
2wfplhy.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I am a fan of this movie. I still have all the toys they sold. I wonder if theyre worth anything. I have all of them.

poison

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
I am a fan of this movie. I still have all the toys they sold. I wonder if theyre worth anything. I have all of them.

haha theres a new show on tv i think its called toy collectors you can see if they sell any Jurassic park toys

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That's funny...my wife and I just bought the blue ray trilogy and started watching it last night, and I just started reading the book this afternoon.

I remember when that movie came out. I saw it opening night and my friend and I had to sit in the aisle. When the movie was over everyone was clapping and cheering. I don't think I've ever experience that again. I was probably 11 or 12 at the time, it was a good age to see that movie. I had all the games and toys.

There's been talk about a JP4. I'm not sure what they could do with a fourth one, but I've always thought a prequel would be very cool.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah I remember seeing in the theatre too. Was packed and awesome. I could see them doing like a lets go back to see whats going on their and try to establish order or something type of plot. That would be cool. Look us reptile/dinasaur nerds here. Awesome.

poison said:
tortadise said:

haha theres a new show on tv i think its called toy collectors you can see if they sell any Jurassic park toys

I should contact them. I could use some serious additional funding right now. Ive been so drained building these buildings for the torts.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
tortadise said:
I could see them doing like a lets go back to see whats going on their and try to establish order or something type of plot. That would be cool.

That would be a good plot.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
This and teenage mutant ninja turtles where my top fave movies growing up, I think it is also a reason I love reptiles, all of them even snakes :)

I have the flu so I've been watching all my old fave movies on this rainy day/night, very comforting, also sour patch kids Popsicles are AMAZING!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
To this day almost 20 year later, that movie has the most believable CGI I have ever seen.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Neal said:
To this day almost 20 year later, that movie has the most believable CGI I have ever seen.

I Know and I just so happened to luck out that they are showing all three on tv while I'm sick!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
loved it.... when I see a flock of turkeys or large birds running.. I SO see the movie and the bird/reptile connection.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Laura said:
loved it.... when I see a flock of turkeys or large birds running.. I SO see the movie and the bird/reptile connection.

I'm watching teenage mutant Ninja turtles now :)

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Loved both JP novels, and all three JP movies. Absolutely loved them. They're one of the reason I'm a biologist today. :)

How exciting of a job is that!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
remitort071312 said:
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Loved both JP novels, and all three JP movies. Absolutely loved them. They're one of the reason I'm a biologist today. :)

How exciting of a job is that!

Every job has its challenges, but I love what I do. Of course, no one can clone pre-avian dinosaurs. However, I use DNA sequencing to study bison, which to me is just as cool. :cool:

Actually, some labs in Japan, Russia, and the US are trying to clone the woolly mammoth. You'd think this would be much easier than cloning dinosaurs, since mammoths are just extinct furry elephants. However, it's still a daunting task. We'll see if they can ever accomplish this feat. I hope they can! :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
GeoTerraTestudo said:

I think there was "Hybrids" in that movie ~:p

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
N2TORTS said:
GeoTerraTestudo said:

I think there was "Hybrids" in that movie ~:p

Oh, yes! The characters in that story hybridized dinosaur DNA scavenged from ancient mosquito guts, with that of frogs and chickens. The result was Brachiosaurus, Velociraptor, T. rex, and many other cool dinos. Of course, that would never work in the real world. Still, Michael Crichton came up with a great story that got a lot of people thinking, and that's a good thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.