Jaw squeak??

Tortloverr

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia, USA
Franklin is two and half months old and just the other day I noticed when he bites down his jaw squeaks. I've read that this can be normal if there are no other signs of ill health. He doesn't appear to be in pain and still "runs" to eat, so I'm thinking maybe it's nothing but I also worry that it isn't. Any ideas?

Also, this may or may not be related, I was watching him eat this morning and he kept rubbing his head which wasn't normal. I noticed he had what appeared to be a hair that he swallowed so I picked him up to try to help him. When I pulled on it, it seemed similar to a fishing line or something similar. Since I'm not too familiar with the anatomy of tortoises, I didn't want to pull too much, so I cut it. I don't have anything in my house like this, so I'm trying to figure out if this could have been a long coco fiber?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
My babies often make sounds (all kinds of noises!!!!) when they eat, or just breathe. Are you sure what you hear is a sound of the jaws and not air going through their tiny wind pipes and even tinier throats and nostrils?