Jacky And Daisy

MoggyMad

Location (City and/or State)
Northamptonshire
Good luck Sue,

I know it will be bitter sweet because you will be relieved but also it is the end of an era and especially for Pete because it was it his dad's house. I hope the weather is okay because the forecast where you are doesn't look great! How is she getting on with George?

Natrah
No the weather is getting worse as the day goes on.
We set up Dickies box & run in the dark last night & have used breeze blocks & wood to block off the escape routes against the fence gaps. Luckily the breeze blocks have large holes in so I’m hoping the hedgehogs will be able to get through without the need to move any at night as they are heavy. Luckily Dickie will not fit in the holes but Pete said she’ll have a good try!
This morning I decided to move the box onto the patio as the garden is far too muddy to keep walking on it. I don’t think the run will be very practical so I’ve folded that up as well. With the breeze blocks down she won’t be able to get out we hope.
I gave her a long soak to warm her up & put her down in the utility room where George gave her a good sniff. She didnt retract her head. Then George sat down behind her & Dickie in very slow motion turned herself round towards George. She seemed interested in him. Trouble is it took so long for her to turn round that by the time she had George then moved into the kitchen!
I don’t think he was too sure about her but we shall see. I think she will give him a nip when she’s more settled in.
She is now exploring the patio where she did a wee, then proceeded to barge behind some plant pots & managed to move them enough to get behind. It’s a good thing we’ve got breeze blocks 😊

MaNaAk

Southend
No the weather is getting worse as the day goes on.
We set up Dickies box & run in the dark last night & have used breeze blocks & wood to block off the escape routes against the fence gaps. Luckily the breeze blocks have large holes in so I’m hoping the hedgehogs will be able to get through without the need to move any at night as they are heavy. Luckily Dickie will not fit in the holes but Pete said she’ll have a good try!
This morning I decided to move the box onto the patio as the garden is far too muddy to keep walking on it. I don’t think the run will be very practical so I’ve folded that up as well. With the breeze blocks down she won’t be able to get out we hope.
I gave her a long soak to warm her up & put her down in the utility room where George gave her a good sniff. She didnt retract her head. Then George sat down behind her & Dickie in very slow motion turned herself round towards George. She seemed interested in him. Trouble is it took so long for her to turn round that by the time she had George then moved into the kitchen!
I don’t think he was too sure about her but we shall see. I think she will give him a nip when she’s more settled in.
She is now exploring the patio where she did a wee, then proceeded to barge behind some plant pots & managed to move them enough to get behind. It’s a good thing we’ve got breeze blocks 😊
❤️

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Dickie, Sherman, Zola, Sapphire, Seymour, PeeWee, Sally, Squirt and GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY,

Good luck in your new home Dickie now why don't you have a housewarming party like I did last night. The heat was on the lights were and the food was good which was why I got up later today.

Jacky

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Jacky went to bed early partly because of her late night and partly because after feeding her kale I had to clear up the resulting mess💩 and put the carpet strips in the washing machine 🤣! Anyway is it all complete and are you all okay? Anjie how are feeling today? The forecast wasn't very for your area. We had sunshine and showers here and the washing survived.

Cathie how are Mr Fre, Razberri, Dilly and Sapphire? Is Sapphire eating more now?

@MenagerieGrl how are you these days and also @Chefdenoel10?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - we had snow overnight here, though not quite enough to settle except on the moors! It was really cold, however, and although Zola's dad tok him to the end of the headland to look at the sea, it was very windy, and they came back to the car fast - Zola still had his head stretched out, though, so as not to miss anything ! He was very quiet later when we sat by the fire for our stroke, and I was a bit worried, as he didn't move about at all - however, when he was carried to his room, he started eating enthusiastically, so I think he is ok.
Goodnight and love from Angie and Zola to you, Jacky and everyone xxxxxx

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dear Cathie,

How is Mr Fre? Please can we see a few photos of him.

I have been encouraging Jacky to eat kale again and in order to do this I had to feed her a variety of lettuce, dandelions and tomatoes. When I came back from a day of teaching plus rehearsing it looked like she had been having a party because most of the food had gone and what there was of it was on the floor and she had been twirling around on the food bowl! I think she looked disappointed when I came back because I had to turn the lights out!

Natrah
Dear Natrah,

Little Mr. FreBee thinks he's as free as a busy little bee 🐝 that's ok because I'm getting my steps done everyday like it or not. Plus I have a puppy jail. 😉He runs along beside me and around my feet. And pants when he's hitting his stride. Most of the time I have a bunny slipper on one foot and a puppy slipper on the other when I'm trying to walk. it's kinda chaos around here 🙃. But yes I'll be snapping pictures. So I'll post some soon.

Cathie 🐢🤗

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening again everyone!

Looking forward to those pictures Cathie. I hope everything's okay with the sale completion Sue. If I don't get to post as much as usual Jacky and I want to say :

Happy Easter 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰!

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mr. Fre got worn out chewing up my arms, playing tug of war with my socks, and running pell mell through the house. Then he winds up looking like this. What's a girl to do?🙃IMG_20240328_184216114.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - We went out with Zola, but still too cold, wet, and windy for him to walk along his breakwater, and I think he really misses it. He spent a long time bashing around his conservatory, and when it came time for his stroke by the fire, he was very restless, and he had to go back to his conservatory again. Hee is eating well, but a bit bored !
I'm ok, and due for my next head injections on Tuesday, so maybe will get more news then.
Your dinner looks very nice!
Goodnight and love from Angie and Zola to you ,Jacky,Angel Daisy,and all our forum friends xxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Natrah - We went out with Zola, but still too cold, wet, and windy for him to walk along his breakwater, and I think he really misses it. He spent a long time bashing around his conservatory, and when it came time for his stroke by the fire, he was very restless, and he had to go back to his conservatory again. Hee is eating well, but a bit bored !
I'm ok, and due for my next head injections on Tuesday, so maybe will get more news then.
Your dinner looks very nice!
Goodnight and love from Angie and Zola to you ,Jacky,Angel Daisy,and all our forum friends xxxxx
Dear Angie,

I can mirror your story because we had sunshine and showers. I thought I was going to have sandwiches on the cliffs with my Cadbury's Creme Egg but no the clouds were too threatening and I ended up having soup in my usual theatre cafe. I had the egg when I got home and Jacky had dandelions but she wasn't satisfied so she started bashing the food bowl because she had finished the dandelions and was demanding lettuce and kale🤣🤣🐢🐢! I think Jacky and Zola go together. Below is a picture of some Easter Cup Cakes:

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy IMG20240329200904.jpg

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dear Angie,

I can mirror your story because we had sunshine and showers. I thought I was going to have sandwiches on the cliffs with my Cadbury's Creme Egg but no the clouds were too threatening and I ended up having soup in my usual theatre cafe. I had the egg when I got home and Jacky had dandelions but she wasn't satisfied so she started bashing the food bowl because she had finished the dandelions and was demanding lettuce and kale🤣🤣🐢🐢! I think Jacky and Zola go together. Below is a picture of some Easter Cup Cakes:

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy View attachment 368679
They look really yummy. Did you make them?
I wish Dickie was tucking in like Jacky & Zola. She isn’t interested in eating as it’s too cold. I put her out on the grass where the sun was & she gradually moved away & eventually ended up next to the fence where she stayed for the rest of the day. The sun doesn’t shine in all of our garden but when it’s higher in the sky more of the garden will get sunshine.
I dont know if Dickie‘s ok or not but Pete said it’s just the temperature making her like she is. We’ll see tomorrow as it’s meant to be a bit warmer.
Angie I do hope you get the go ahead for the new treatment. Best of luck for Tuesdays injections.

Goodnight everyone & Happy Easter

MaNaAk

Southend
They look really yummy. Did you make them?
I wish Dickie was tucking in like Jacky & Zola. She isn’t interested in eating as it’s too cold. I put her out on the grass where the sun was & she gradually moved away & eventually ended up next to the fence where she stayed for the rest of the day. The sun doesn’t shine in all of our garden but when it’s higher in the sky more of the garden will get sunshine.
I dont know if Dickie‘s ok or not but Pete said it’s just the temperature making her like she is. We’ll see tomorrow as it’s meant to be a bit warmer.
Angie I do hope you get the go ahead for the new treatment. Best of luck for Tuesdays injections.

Goodnight everyone & Happy Easter
Dear Sue,

I think it is the temperature and I think that Pete may need to get her under the heat lamp especially if she loses more weight. I sometimes think back to Coronation Day last year when I had to rush Jacky to the vets because she was very weak from not eating but then she didn't hibernate properly last year and Dickie has always hibernated properly.

Happy Easter

Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - the weather has been very mixed again - and, of course, it rained really hard when we went to look at the sea - as well as there being loads of traffic on the way. Anyway, Zola would like you to see his Easter card - for you, Jacky, Angel Daisy and his other forum friends ...
Happy-Easter-Violets.jpg
Love to you all from Zola and Angie xxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Hello Natrah - the weather has been very mixed again - and, of course, it rained really hard when we went to look at the sea - as well as there being loads of traffic on the way. Anyway, Zola would like you to see his Easter card - for you, Jacky, Angel Daisy and his other forum friends ...
View attachment 368715
Love to you all from Zola and Angie xxxxxx
Beautiful Zola❤️! Jacky will post a picture of herself and her dandelion treats. She had a busy day with her long soak and now she's gone to bed.

Goodnight Zola

Jacky, Angel Daisy and Natrah