Jacky And Daisy

MoggyMad

Location (City and/or State)
Northamptonshire
Good evening everyone!

The weather was so awful here and Jacky stayed in the warm whilst I got soaked in the rain some roads were due to the council not looking after the drains and some roads were blocked. Anyway I hope you all had better weather and that Zola behaved himself. I hope Angie is okay.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah and Jacky
Lots of rain again here today so Dickie had another day in the kitchen.
Contracts to be exchanged this Friday & completion 2 weeks time. Dickie will need to come here very soon so we’re hoping for some better weather.
With Sherman, I think the plan is to keep him away from the pond! I think Petes got to block off a section of the rabbit garden where the pond is to keep Sherman out. He doesn’t know why as the pond is high off the ground so not a danger. They haven’t said any more about it though lately.

Goodnight all

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello, Natrah -it wasn't as wet here, but certainly not pleasant. However, Zola was very good today, and enjoyed a good stroke by the fire, then sat on my lap to watch Dr Who without making a fuss.
I've had a pretty bad headache all day, and my bruise is spreading over most of the left side of my face with a weird green colour, but I'm not as shaky today -so I'm improving - and I think I'm going to be able to join the next series of balance classes, which is a good thing for me.
Lovely to see Jacky is back helping you.
Goodnight and love to you,Jacky and Angel Daisy, and to all our forum friends from Zola and Angie xxxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

This is what I found when I got back! Anyway I hope you're okay Anjie if you feel any worse maybe you should see a doctor. I bet you can't wait for that medication. Sue I hope it all goes through smoothly tomorrow but you should celebrate when it does. We've had a nice spring day here and there was a musical Great Tit singing outside!

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy IMG20240314191532.jpgIMG20240314191541.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good evening everyone!

This is what I found when I got back! Anyway I hope you're okay Anjie if you feel any worse maybe you should see a doctor. I bet you can't wait for that medication. Sue I hope it all goes through smoothly tomorrow but you should celebrate when it does. We've had a nice spring day here and there was a musical Great Tit singing outside!

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy View attachment 367893View attachment 367894
What a hard-working lady Jacky is ! Goodnight to her, Angel Daisy and of course you, Natrah,and love to all our forum friends
Zola and Angie xxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon everyone!

I hope you are all well and that Angie feels better. I am on my way to Rayleigh but I am mindful that Sue is awaiting completion of the house sale and that Dickie will be moving in.

I moved Jacky into the enclosure and set the thermostat at 25 degrees Celsius but madam was restless. She trampled through the food bowl and kept walking around the enclosure! Anyway I pushed the thermostat up to 28 degrees Celsius and she decided to bask! I am now offering her food but she isn't interested in it at the moment.

Keep safe

Natrah

PS: @CathieG how is Sapphire?

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Good afternoon everyone!

I hope you are all well and that Angie feels better. I am on my way to Rayleigh but I am mindful that Sue is awaiting completion of the house sale and that Dickie will be moving in.

I moved Jacky into the enclosure and set the thermostat at 25 degrees Celsius but madam was restless. She trampled through the food bowl and kept walking around the enclosure! Anyway I pushed the thermostat up to 28 degrees Celsius and she decided to bask! I am now offering her food but she isn't interested in it at the moment.

Keep safe

Natrah

PS: @CathieG how is Sapphire?
Dickie had a nibble at some cabbage, Pete could see it hanging out of her mouth when he went over there. He’s been picking some dandelion heads he saw on the way over but at the time she didn’t seem interested. This afternoon we had an unexpected heavy shower so I expect she went back in her box. The run has arrived so once Pete gets time he can assemble it & leave it in the garden ready for her.
The neighbours were having their conifers trimmed so Pete was tidying up anything that had fallen onto his dad’s side. The contracts exchange has been delayed until Monday apparently as their solicitor wasn’t in work. Do they pluck these dates out of thin air I wonder! As far as we know the completion date is still 28th but we’ve been here before so we’ll just wait & see.
Hope Jacky enjoys her basking & you all have a good weekend.

Goodnight

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good morning everyone!

Jacky View attachment 368021
Hello Natrah and Jacky - it has rained really hard most of the day here, but we all went out in the car to look at the sea, anyway.I had a very nice rest by the fire with my mum,this afternoon, and we both nearly went to sleep. My mum is a bit shaky today, but no falls.
Jacky, your shell looks particularly beautiful under the light.
Love to you both and to Angel Daisy, and to all my forum friends xxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Good luck tomorrow Sue and we hope that the contracts go through tomorrow. Anjie we're pleased that you are feeling better. We've had a busy but rather good day despite bad weather in the morning. Natrah decided to defrost my hibernation fridge and it is mostly done now. I then had lettuce put in my mouth because I am stubborn to eat inside and I am told that I am even more stubborn than anyway I enjoyed the lettuce and I went back for more. I was given more lettuce before Natrah went out to lunch and then when she came back I had swimming lesson (I am not a turtle!) whilst Natrah cleaned my enclosure (she seems very wary of the lights!) I then had dandelions put in my mouth but again I needed seconds. Natrah was very plIMG20240317134820.jpgIMG20240317134815.jpgIMG20240317134811.jpgIMG20240317134511.jpgeased with me especially as I also had some supper. Anyway please enjoy the daffodil photos:

Goodnight everyone

Jacky, Natrah and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah -Your daffodil photos are lovely. We had some heavy rain in the morning, and saw some flooded fields on our way to the sea, but the sun came out later, and Zola was able to get his walk on the breakwater, and also a walk on the cliffs with his dad. He was tired out when he got home, and had his rest with me by the fire.
Have a good peaceful evening
Love from Angie and Zola to you, Jacky and all our forum friends xxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

It's been lovely weather today so I expect Zola went out. There were a couple of Blue **** answering each outside the flat but I expect TT won't like this. Anyway Jacky is still being encouraged to eat but I am doing this less often and she went looking at for the tomato that I gave her along with the dandelions. I have been thinking about Sue today and hoping that the contracts were exchanged.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
No news
Good evening everyone!

It's been lovely weather today so I expect Zola went out. There were a couple of Blue **** answering each outside the flat but I expect TT won't like this. Anyway Jacky is still being encouraged to eat but I am doing this less often and she went looking at for the tomato that I gave her along with the dandelions. I have been thinking about Sue today and hoping that the contracts were exchanged.

Goodnight everyone

no news on the contract exchange today 😟
Not a lot of sunshine today so Dickie is still a bit slow.
Got a potential problem, saw a fat rat or two having a drink down near the shed. Not sure if rats pose a risk to tortoises, I know they can do if they are hibernating.
Pete wants to leave Dickie in his dads garden until the last minute!

Goodnight

MaNaAk

Southend
No news

no news on the contract exchange today 😟
Not a lot of sunshine today so Dickie is still a bit slow.
Got a potential problem, saw a fat rat or two having a drink down near the shed. Not sure if rats pose a risk to tortoises, I know they can do if they are hibernating.
Pete wants to leave Dickie in his dads garden until the last minute!

Goodnight
Dear Sue,

I hope you hear about the contract soon. I would make the tortoise rat proof and if Dickie is in the run at night she should be okay. Also make sure that she is protected from the fox. Jacky and Daisy spent seventy years sleeping outside and then fox got into the Tortoise House.

George could help Dickie with the rat.

Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Zola had a wonderful walk along the breakwater - his dad described him to me as "a fantastic athlete " !He just kept going, and didn't want to stop. However, he was extremely tired when he got home, and also very cold - I had to keep breathing on him as well as stroking him by the fire to warm him up. He was fine though in the end.
Love to all from Angie xxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning my dear tortoise friends!

Feel free to use the food bowl as a basking table!

Jacky

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I'm a bit late tonight but I have been thinking about you all. Angie how have you been today? They mentioned about migraines on BBC Breakfast and the lady that they interviewed said that hers can last for ten days. I'm hoping that you get to try the new medication. If it's caused by Hyacinths like Cathie suggested could you be allergic as well. I have been having some of my hay-fever with the better weather.

Sue have the contracts been exchanged yet and has a completion date been agreed. Anyway I had a couple of new pupils yesterday but the new adult pupil seemed extra nervous so I hope she continues with her lessons.

Her Royal Highness is getting her appetite back and gave me a nip on the finger when I fed her dandelions by hand 🤣! Anyway I have been feeding her fleshy vegetables to rehydrate her so next week I shall start her on kale. How is Dickie is she eating more now and what about Zola, Sherman, Sapphire, Sally, Squirt, GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY (@Chefdenoel10), PeeWee and Seymour (@MenagerieGrl).

Goodnight everyone

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Sue have the contracts been exchanged yet and has a completion date been agreed. Anyway I had a couple of new pupils yesterday but the new adult pupil seemed extra nervous so I hope she continues with her lessons
Yes Dickie has started to eat a bit more & is foraging in the lawn. It makes such a difference when the sun comes out 😊
Would you believe it if I told you it was looking likely that the sale will fall through again?!
The buyer has asked for us to contribute to moving a telegraph pole that splits the entrance of the drive into two. It is a bit awkward especially driving off backwards as the drive is sloped. Not only that but he has now said that if the proposed development of the paddock,which the house overlooks, gets the go ahead, he will pull out the sale. The development has been with the planning office for over a year & many neighbours have objected to it. As a result the plans were changed to reduce the build from 6 houses to 5. Unfortunately the largest house will still be behind Petes dad’s house & will block the lovely view we currently enioy as well as a lack of privacy due to being overlooked. The buyer has left it until the point of exchange of contracts to raise these issues, which we have no control over.
We & other neighbours have objected again to the latest plans but it could be months before a planning decision is made & we’re not prepared to wait that long for him to decide or to pay towards moving the pole. He now has until Monday to make a final decision & if not it will go back on the market again 😤
The good thing is Dickie gets to stay in her garden a bit longer. Oh well, every cloud….!