Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Happy New Year Zola, Sapphire (@Cathie G), Dickie, Sherman, Sally, Squirt, PeeWee, Ernie and Seymour,

How are you all? Zola how is your mum today? I remember when Natrah tripped up on the pavement outside our old house and she had to have her chin glued back. I am just going back into the pet carrier for a nap.

Jacky

PS: Hello GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY! @Chefdenoel10 .

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Wow, Natrah - did you really have your chin glued back together - that sounds terrible ! ! Ihave just got another lump on my forehead, and a large purple swelling. Not for the first time ! When I was teaching in London, I usually hurried from the Tube station to the school, with a large rucksack on my back - and twice, for no reason, I fell flat on my face on the drive. I had tests, and it seems I had something called drop attacks, where your muscles etc all lose control together - and hurrying and carrying the rucksack made it more likely. It has never happened since, but maybe there's some slight link with the fact that I always seem to fall on my face now.
I am looking forward to seeing Jacky with the mop - I expect she will be grumbling that you haven't polished the floor up to her exacting standard !
Love from Angie and Zola to you and Jacky - and Happy New Year to Jacky, of course.
xxxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Just got in and put Jacky to bed after a busy day! I hope you're feeling better now Angie. It could be worth investigating that link you mentioned? With dad it was low blood pressure due to medication.

Yes I remember walking along the pavement with my teaching bags and catching my shoe on a sunken paving stone. I got back home with a smashed chin, and a bruised knee and hand. I was able to tend to my bruises but I couldn't stop my chin bleeding so I decided to go to A and E. They cleaned it up and decided on glueing instead of stitches. It seemed to work very well because I only have a slight scar. I was lucky that it was the summer holidays because I couldn't play the violin for some time. The nurses gave me the number of a solicitor to ring incase I wanted to make a claim against the council. The solicitors advised to get a photo of the paving stone with a fifty pence piece against it so that I had a good case. Unfortunately the depth of the paving stone wasn't enough to get a good as it only measured three quarters of the coin. It wasn't difficult to find the stone because there was a small trail of blood leading to it. Other neighbours have fallen at that spot and two of them have fractured their jaws and one of them fractured hers twice!

Also when I was nine years old mum was considering taking me to the dentist to have a brace fitted but before any appointment was made. I jumped off the end of the bed one night and caught my toe at the end of the bed and fell flat on my face. My teeth ended up in my lip and and may have been pushed back slightly.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - I'm so sorry about your fall - I'm glad your chin mended well -that must have been horrible. I'm all right - still extra shaky, and the bruise is coming up very colourfully, but I went to my last balance class today, and the therapist said she might be able to get more sessions for me later, as she sees it is helping me a lot.
It's lovely to see Jacky again !
Love from Zola and me to you and Jacky, and all our forum friends xxxxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
@zolasmum I’m glad you are doing ok. It’s interesting hearing of the the drop attack condition. I looked it up & it also seems to fit with my neighbours falls as well so I might mention it to her. She mostly goes face down with no warning & it’s made her very nervous about walking now so she won’t go anywhere without her husband to hold onto. She’s only in her early 70’s.
Natrah, it’s lovely to see Jacky up & about. I look forward to hearing about her antics in the bathroom!
We‘ve just ordered a large run for Dickie that will go against her house & allow her to come out first thing in the morning & be secure in the garden temporarily until the escape routes in the garden are secured again having been removed the evening before to allow the visiting hedgehogs to free roam. It’s the only way I could think of to suit both situations. Also the run will add a level of protection to her house during the night in case there are other nighttime visitors.
Its going to be trial & error to start with to see what works best.

Goodnight all

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening everyone!

Just got in and put Jacky to bed after a busy day! I hope you're feeling better now Angie. It could be worth investigating that link you mentioned? With dad it was low blood pressure due to medication.

Yes I remember walking along the pavement with my teaching bags and catching my shoe on a sunken paving stone. I got back home with a smashed chin, and a bruised knee and hand. I was able to tend to my bruises but I couldn't stop my chin bleeding so I decided to go to A and E. They cleaned it up and decided on glueing instead of stitches. It seemed to work very well because I only have a slight scar. I was lucky that it was the summer holidays because I couldn't play the violin for some time. The nurses gave me the number of a solicitor to ring incase I wanted to make a claim against the council. The solicitors advised to get a photo of the paving stone with a fifty pence piece against it so that I had a good case. Unfortunately the depth of the paving stone wasn't enough to get a good as it only measured three quarters of the coin. It wasn't difficult to find the stone because there was a small trail of blood leading to it. Other neighbours have fallen at that spot and two of them have fractured their jaws and one of them fractured hers twice!

Also when I was nine years old mum was considering taking me to the dentist to have a brace fitted but before any appointment was made. I jumped off the end of the bed one night and caught my toe at the end of the bed and fell flat on my face. My teeth ended up in my lip and and may have been pushed back slightly.

Goodnight everyone

That all sounds like something I'd do I'm such a clutz. I was a clutz when I was a child and got a bit better for a few years. Now I'm back to normal again. I'm going through my second childhood and even better at being a complete clutz.
😊 Cathie 🐢

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed Mother's Day I have been in contact with dad's half-brother and I am sad to say that dad's half-sister who has Alzheimer's is now moderate/severe but her daughters are looking after her. I was affected by the memories earlier and they weren't helped by the miserable weather but I managed to have lunch out and it was so nice to come back to Jacky. She is now in bed after having a lovely long soak.

However due to the miserable weather she woke up later which is why I decided not to start feeding her yet. Once she has been up for a week I will put her in the enclosure and start feeding her again. Sue is Dickie eating now and Angie and Cathie how are Zola and Sapphire and how are you all?

I have some good news in that my pupils passed their exams but I better go because dinner is on it's way

Goodnight everyone

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Zola has been in a strange mood today - the weather was awful this morning, but this afternoon the sun came out, and he seemed to think he should have gone for a walk on his breakwater - however,Richard thought it would be too cold. So instead, he went bashing his conservatory around - and me too, when I went in to sit with him ! In the end, we went for our stroking session by the fire, and he was very unsettled there too - he started pushing my face around and walking over it, and being really restless. I reminded him it was Mothers Day, and he took no notice!
Congratulations on your pupils' success !
Goodnight to you and Jacky, and everyone from Angie (I'm not asking Zola to join in , as I'm not speaking to him) xxxxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Hello Natrah
No Dickie isn’t eating yet. Pete has said before she won’t eat until she is back outside permanently but no chance of that today as it’s rained all day.
Sherman was about on Saturday wandering round his garden. He wasn’t out at first but after Pete had gone into his enclosure he then put in an appearance! He was however a little distracted as he had a visitor who was also standing in his garden looking at him.
Regards Jacky, you know her best so you will know when it’s right to start feeding her. The weather looks like it will get warmer next week so perhaps that will be the trigger to start eating for Dickie & Jacky.
Sorry to hear of the progression of your aunts dementia but as we know it is inevitable. It’s good she has her caring daughters to look after her.
It’s sad when these special days bring back some unsettling memories but at least you know your pupils are benefitting immensely from your teaching. They will remember you for that X

MaNaAk

Southend
Zola has been in a strange mood today - the weather was awful this morning, but this afternoon the sun came out, and he seemed to think he should have gone for a walk on his breakwater - however,Richard thought it would be too cold. So instead, he went bashing his conservatory around - and me too, when I went in to sit with him ! In the end, we went for our stroking session by the fire, and he was very unsettled there too - he started pushing my face around and walking over it, and being really restless. I reminded him it was Mothers Day, and he took no notice!
Congratulations on your pupils' success !
Goodnight to you and Jacky, and everyone from Angie (I'm not asking Zola to join in , as I'm not speaking to him) xxxxxxx
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed Mother's Day I have been in contact with dad's half-brother and I am sad to say that dad's half-sister who has Alzheimer's is now moderate/severe but her daughters are looking after her. I was affected by the memories earlier and they weren't helped by the miserable weather but I managed to have lunch out and it was so nice to come back to Jacky. She is now in bed after having a lovely long soak.

However due to the miserable weather she woke up later which is why I decided not to start feeding her yet. Once she has been up for a week I will put her in the enclosure and start feeding her again. Sue is Dickie eating now and Angie and Cathie how are Zola and Sapphire and how are you all?

I have some good news in that my pupils passed their exams but I better go because dinner is on it's way

Goodnight everyone

I enjoy mother's Day everyday but as far as the holiday nope haven't seen a card or anything yet.😊

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Zola had a better day today - it was a bit warmer, and his dad took him for a walk on the breakwater in Bude - he was so good, plodding on bravely - he got a bit cold, but he had a nice cuddle and stroke by the fire with me, and seems to have eaten quite a lot too. I haven't been as good company for him as I would like to be, because of these rotten headaches - it will be nice when he can get in the garden.
There are more and more daffodils appearing every day - they do make a huge difference, especially when it has been so grim and grey as recently.
Goodnight to you all, and love from Angie and Zola xxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Sue I expect Sherman would love to know when his pond will be repaired 🤣! He obviously loves having people in his enclosure 🤣! Cathie when do you get the puppy? I must admit I visualised Angie and Zola yesterday.

Anyway Jacky came out lunchtime but she didn't do much because it was quite a dull day. She just walked around the bathroom a couple of times before going to sleep. I just had the pupils but I treated to a box of After Eight mints which mum used to love. I have also been enjoying a takeaway which we used to have on Mother's Day.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

The weather was so awful here and Jacky stayed in the warm whilst I got soaked in the rain some roads were due to the council not looking after the drains and some roads were blocked. Anyway I hope you all had better weather and that Zola behaved himself. I hope Angie is okay.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah and Jacky