I've sealed the deal!

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Congratulations! I can safely say that everyone here has felt that same excitement. Remember to post pictures!

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Oh, don't you worry, there will be photos.

Ya know.. I was too excited to take pictures when I first got mine. I was more in awe of how small they were; two fit in my small hand so easily. Now my largest can probably carry me (kidding!).

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
So, my tortoise is coming tomorrow. He's being shipped to my office, and might have to spend a few hours there before I'm able to bring him home. I have access to an outdoor deck (and expect the temps to be mid to high 80's Fahrenheit) or an air conditioned office. My plan was to soak him immediately, then move him to the deck in a large cardboard box until I'm able to leave. Does that seem ok? Should I feed him, or wait until I get him home?

I'm so excited!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
He might get too hot out there in the sun. You would be surprised how hot it can get in the box. Do you have a temperature gun yet? I think I would definitely try to soak him when you get him. Then find a nice quiet place for him to be until you can go home.

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
He might get too hot out there in the sun. You would be surprised how hot it can get in the box. Do you have a temperature gun yet? I think I would definitely try to soak him when you get him. Then find a nice quiet place for him to be until you can go home.

I'm hoping to leave early (delivery is supposed to be by 10:30, I usually leave by 3:00) so it might not be an issue. I have a small temperature and humidity sensor I can use, though. I just want to make this as easy as possible for him.

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
So, my tortoise is coming tomorrow. He's being shipped to my office, and might have to spend a few hours there before I'm able to bring him home. I have access to an outdoor deck (and expect the temps to be mid to high 80's Fahrenheit) or an air conditioned office. My plan was to soak him immediately, then move him to the deck in a large cardboard box until I'm able to leave. Does that seem ok? Should I feed him, or wait until I get him home?

I'm so excited!

Actually, I'm dumb. He's coming tomorrow, not today.

I might explode from excitement before then.

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Five or so hours before Trogdor the Burninator arrives! I woke up at 5:00 (20 minutes before my alarm goes off) because of excitement.

He's coming to my work. I have a temporary carrier lined with coco coir. I plan to soak him, then place him in the carrier. I have a heat pad I can stick under it to help warm him up. Hopefully I'll be able to leave early to get him home (I work with animals, so this is pretty likely--people will understand).

!!!!!!!!