iupdate on Rio, the new 3-toed

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
so she has been all over the turtle enclosure, enjoying herself. but she won't eat any worms I offer her. i guess she might be shy, idk. My other turtles will eat worms i drop in front of them, but she just isn't interested. maybe she is digging up her own, and does not need my worms. I am still feeding a mix of Omega one turt pellets(ground in a coffee grinder) mixed with water and chopped butternut squash and dandelion greens. sometimes i add chopped apple. I don't see them eat it, but by morning it is usually all gone.

riodoesntwantworm_zpsbi1zb5se.jpg

AJK Aquaria

I'm sure she'll come around and start feeding on them in front of you.
I see she has that 'pit' on her shell that 3 toeds often have. Does she have it on the other side as well?

AJK Aquaria

I have some with it on both sides. From what I've read it's common with 3 toeds, but there's no clear explanation why it exists. It looks if a canine picked them up at one time, but these holes are always in pretty much the same spot on the animals.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I think it's from mating, My males hook on and go for a ride.

One of my males was going on a ride and my youngest daughter caught the act. She asked what Linus was doing to Lucy? I told her thats how they scratch their backs or their shells. She says, oh that makes sense....hahaha! Can't wait for the day when she figures that one out, I'm going to get an ear full:)