its out of the egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jersey C.I.
hi the little Algerian has left the egg lol.just a couple of pictures in these you can see the tiny little white spur on its thigh also notice how the plastral pattern hasnt developed yet and is just a smudge.i will try and remember to post this ones plastron at about 6 month's old to show how the pattern becomes more defined.on this one you can see the benefit of letting them stay in the egg until they are ready ,the yolksac has gone completely and all you can see is a dry scar.this one was trying to bite me and get away all the time i was holding it.
terry
25809004Small.jpg

25809007Small.jpg

25809009Small.jpg

25809010Small.jpg

25809015Small.jpg

25809017Small.jpg

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Wow! What a beautiful baby! I would love to see pictures of its parents. Congrats! And please, keep updating on him. I love to watch them grow up. :D

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Thanks for the educational info/picture, Terry.
He's a beautiful baby but he does look exhauted. He must have worked real hard to get his freedom :) Congratulations, little one.

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
stells said:
Thats great Terry.... How long was incubation??
hi Kelly im sorry i took so long to reply,i thought i had sorry again.as far as i can work out these started to pip on day 68 .i found them in the greenhouse but thats a good estimate and i doubt it is out by more than a day or two.both clutches are hatching now we are up to 7 out of 9 eggs so far.will i pop a couple in the post for you, or will you be to busy with all your morroccans:D.
terry

Meg90 said:
Wow! What a beautiful baby! I would love to see pictures of its parents. Congrats! And please, keep updating on him. I love to watch them grow up. :D
hi meg i have 2 clutches hatching at the moment and im fairly sure the larger clutch of 5 eggs are from my female tommie and the smaller clutch of 4 eggs are from fred.the trouble is their babies are like peas in a pod so cant be positive the father of both is smokie so here are their pictures.
terry
FIRST PICTURE IS SMOKIE AND ALMOST CERTAINLY THE FATHER
smokieportraitSmall.jpg

THIS PICTURE IS TOMMIE IM SURE THE MOTHER OF THIS ONE
tommieportraitSmall.jpg

THIS IS FRED THE MOTHER OF THE SECOND CLUTCH ,I WILL POST PICTURES WHEN THEY ALL FINISH HATCHING
fredportraitSmall.jpg

S

stells

Thanks Terry.... i have 3 Morrocan eggs that will be 70 days on 18th September... it seems so far away... thats why i asked they must be close

the other 4 laid the other day have forever to go yet

so.... sure put a couple in the post for me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.