Is this normal behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lMorphine

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
My tortoise sits at his food bowl and stares at me until I put his food in but he does it everyday at exactly 11:09 AM. I think its adorable but I just cant figure out why he does it lol

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I have found tortoises to be creatures of habit. If you feed them at the same time every day, they will know when to expect their food.

I would say it is very normal behavior.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
I find that my guy stares until I wake up

bud

5 Year Member
Totally normal! They are very smart creatures.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
A lot of animals, including tortoises, have a good sense for routines. They notice what time of day you feed them, then remember it, and then either anticipate it or try to make it happen on their own. A lot of pets like to wait by the food dish right around meal time everyday with surprising accuracy. If food doesn't come, they may become impatient and climb into the food dish, as though that will bring the food sooner. :)

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Sheldon pokes his head out from hiding every morning. Just his head. He waits until I clean up the previous day's food. Then he gets up, takes a couple steps and lies down again. I bring out fresh food, he ponders for a bit, and then he eats.
Every single day, like clockwork. :)

alben909

5 Year Member
Yuciapa,CA
My tort speeds out of his hide at almost the same time every day. I feed him and change his water at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.