Is this "healthy"???

Mammyjuls

She replied when i texted 2 days ago asking what lights and heat it got.... her reply

Hi just got back from caravan heater is a habitat dimming thermostat living earth, lighting is a strip light which was purchased from pet world for tropical tortoises and has a exoterra thermostat. Tortoise is just under 10 ". Homing is 36" by 21" and depth 23" on top of a metal frame with is 22" high so overall hight is 45"

Feedback?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
She replied when i texted 2 days ago asking what lights and heat it got.... her reply

Hi just got back from caravan heater is a habitat dimming thermostat living earth, lighting is a strip light which was purchased from pet world for tropical tortoises and has a exoterra thermostat. Tortoise is just under 10 ". Homing is 36" by 21" and depth 23" on top of a metal frame with is 22" high so overall hight is 45"

Feedback?
Living earth thermostat is a good un. I get good control with mine. Strip light could mean anything. Size of enclosure is way smaller than I have my 3" juveniles in. So basically if your going to get this tort in my opinion the stat and strip light connections could be used in a new build enclosure. I'm a sucker for the week and needed. This tort needs a new home badly.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield

Feedback?
Even if the strip light was a top end uvb light. You would be better assuming it's no good. They deteriorate over time. So best getting a new tube.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield

Feedback?
Hi again. Where abouts do you live. I can't find it on Gumtree. :(

Mammyjuls

The women wont drop price and she says the shell was like that when she got her she also says it is well looked after what a joke just need to look at poor thing and see its not we asked her to drop the price because of her condation and the women said dont bother coming to see her and said she is well looked after

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
The women wont drop price and she says the shell was like that when she got her she also says it is well looked after what a joke just need to look at poor thing and see its not we asked her to drop the price because of her condation and the women said dont bother coming to see her and said she is well looked after
She doesn't know what she is on about. Are you in the uk or USA.

Mammyjuls

Uk and the women is reluctant to sell her to us because we have raised concerns about the way she is cared for the women says she seeked ecpert advice and the enclouser ext is fine

Personaly i think the women is talking crap sorryfor being rude

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Uk and the women is reluctant to sell her to us because we have raised concerns about the way she is cared for the women says she seeked ecpert advice and the enclouser ext is fine

Personaly i think the women is talking crap sorryfor being rude
I'm not plugging and gain nothing from this. But I know a women in Leeds that is selling 7 adult redfoots. She got 10 but I'm having 3. She got other torts to. Down sizing due to I'll health.

Mammyjuls

The poor thing has allready had two owers as the women says sheboughtitof someone and the shell was allready the way itisnow then and nowthis women is trying to sell it

Mammyjuls

Hi can i please ask is a
Horsfield’s Tortoise
A russian tortoisr ?
Also about what size do they get is it about 4 to 8 ichs

Mammyjuls

What size enclouser should a baby horsefield tortoise have bearing in mind it is just untill the husband makes the big one with should be done in about 3 to 4 weeks

Mammyjuls

Going tomo to look at some horsefeild toroises

I am going to wright a list of every think i need for the tortoise all equitment ext so if i get one then i can tick the things of one by one so now i have every think lol

If people want to tell me things that i will need on list but i am goi g to read through all the care sheets again ect....... and wright down every think needed

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I have several otherwise healthy pyramided Redfoot.
With these, the condition has smoothed out with time, but still there.
It's only a cosmetic thing.

Attachments

• 20150501_140510-1.jpg
    20150501_140510-1.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20150314_143452.jpg
    20150314_143452.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 17

addouk

5 Year Member
I live in Gateshead. I got my little ru from team Reptiles on team valley.. Here he is :)
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438458258.943231.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438458270.710812.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438458284.756778.jpg