f3IOay.png

nQcPb9.png

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It looks like another poor "aquarium dweller."
The nails look like they've never seen the outdoors and the shell couldn't get much worse.
I hope she gets rescued.

Mammyjuls

Female and how do u know it was female before i posted?

What can be done to restore her? I could tell there was summat wrong... hence im here asking before i bought her

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Female and how do u know it was female before i posted?

What can be done to restore her? I could tell there was summat wrong... hence im here asking before i bought her
Give her warmth and humidity. Make sure that she has access to water deep enough and large enough to climb into and soak. The shell shape will not affect her health or her personality.
A change ion environment will help her to be happy and healthy again.
That tank would be an O.K. size for a baby. But anything over 3" would find that a little cramped and sunlight is needed. Are there any UVB sources there?

Mammyjuls

All i can see is in picture.. lady replied said its 4 years old, no time for her as holidays caravanning most of the time andno one able to feed her etc

I will buy her if it is a good idea for first tortoise and will not use that dwelling... my hubby is gonna build me a table... but can use new dwelling table and if i can have it as a first tortoise with no experience but refer to this forum...

What size will she be? Zeropilot

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Aww - poor thing she really does need a good home.

Mammyjuls

So if we got her we should be able to get her back healthy with right evorement and right care ext .... or will she always be ill

As this is my first tortoise

I fell so so sorry for her and bit angry that the person has kept her this long and let her suffer

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So if we got her we should be able to get her back healthy with right evorement and right care ext .... or will she always be ill

As this is my first tortoise

I fell so so sorry for her and bit angry that the person has kept her this long and let her suffer
Is she ill or is it just the pyramiding?
She will always have some pyramiding but with the right diet, uvb more space and humidity it should become less pronounced over time.
My tort has pyramiding from its past life but it hasn't become any worse in the last year I've had her although she's grown.

How much is the lady asking for her?

Mammyjuls

I dont know if she is ill or not but she is not getting the proper care she needs you can tell so bit worried that she might be ill aswell
zeropilot as there any chance you could share me some pics ofyour redfootsas adults so can see the size and what they look like please if you dont mind

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
She has asked for 150 for her
That is quite a lot for a tort in that state I think but then I don't know what the going rate for a healthier looking one would be.

I would offer her much less - even half to start - on the basis that she is going to need a vet examination (and possibly treatment but hopefully not) so that you can make sure she has everything she needs.

If you decide not to rescue I would inform the RSPCA about it cos that poor tort is neglect and needs to be seized.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I dont know if she is ill or not but she is not getting the proper care she needs you can tell so bit worried that she might be ill aswell
zeropilot as there any chance you could share me some pics ofyour redfootsas adults so can see the size and what they look like please if you dont mind
Ed is in work at the moment but unless he is able to see your post before he usually comes back about 2ish I'll see if I can find a pic for you

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
This is a picture of a sub adult redfoot - I googled it so it doesn't belong to any member.

Mammyjuls

That looks so different compared to one we seen.. i was thinkingof asking person to give it away so we can give her what she needs,,, what table is best for it? If this person not gonna give it away then i will report to rspca we have a 2 year old field black labrador and very healthy, a corn snake very healthy. They get what they need and more handling

Will arrange viewing before discuss her health with its owner... we are away on our holkday...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So has she advertised that with pic on the internet or somewhere similar?
Asking her for it would be a good idea she is not going to get much for it
unless a tort lover just wants to get it out of there.