Is this an ok tortoise home?

STortois99

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Since it’s getting too cold for my tortoises to be outside for a few hours I took their outside home inside and I was wondering if this is ok? The lamp above their hide is a heat lamp (they’re sleeping in it rn) and the other one is just for light. (Don’t mind the black bin, it’s just the bin I carry them in so they dont pee on me and I just stuck it in the ground)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3

zovick

10 Year Member!
You should
Since it’s getting too cold for my tortoises to be outside for a few hours I took their outside home inside and I was wondering if this is ok? The lamp above their hide is a heat lamp (they’re sleeping in it rn) and the other one is just for light. (Don’t mind the black bin, it’s just the bin I carry them in so they dont pee on me and I just stuck it in the ground)
You should replace that water bowl with a clay plant saucer with gently sloped sides and sink it into the substrate so that the top edge is level with the ground. The one you have now is a possible drowning hazard/death trap. With those steep sides, tortoises can sometimes tip over and drown while trying to get in or out of the bowl.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How many tortoises do you have and how big are they? Tortoise should never be housed in pairs and the enclosure is not big enough for anything bigger than a single Russian or Hermann's which actually needs a 4x8 foot enclosure.
Most likely that single light is not enough heat. It needs a basking area that reaches 95-100 and depending on the species an over all temp of 75-80 not lower than 80 for most species.
Also using the clamp on that light is very dangerous. They fail many times and either burn the tortoise or start fires.