Is this a good bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptileManiac

5 Year Member
Hey everyone! I know I am asking a lot of questions but I want to get everything right before I buy. Is this a good bulb, T-REX UVA-UVB HEAT? How long does it last? Thanks!

p.s. I would like to say thanks for all of your help!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Are you talking about the T-rex mercury vapor bulb. I have one of them (100W flood) and I love it. I heard it lasts very long (more than the usual 6 months).

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
Isa said:
Are you talking about the T-rex mercury vapor bulb. I have one of them (100W flood) and I love it. I heard it lasts very long (more than the usual 6 months).

I got my T-rex 100W MVB in January, and it is still doing great!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
That and the Mega Ray in my opinion are the best your money can buy. Look at http://www.uvguide.co.uk/mercuryvapourlamps.htm for some test data. They last 12 months unless you have a meter to check the UVB output (meters are expensive so unless your vet or tort club has one, best to just replace the bulb every 12 months). I had my first one (a Mega Ray, but supposedly the T-Rex and Mega Rays are the same bulb) burn out a few months early but I handled it a bit rough adjusting it, so I hope to get more out of it this next time. You'll want the 100 watt unless you have a huge tort/enclosure. Get a wide and deep dome fixture with a ceramic socket, and a lamp stand to adjust the height of the bulb to adjust the enclosure temperature.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
LLLReptile has my vote of confidence! They have never let me down!

Status
Not open for further replies.