is there something wrong with my tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAB4

5 Year Member
i just recently bought a tortoise and built the enclousure, the man i got it from said it would be fine within it i worry however if it is too hot withing the enclosure, the temp checks i do say it is ok however my worries have been furthered by the fact that today my tortoise is just lying around and only eating small amounts it mainly lies in the corner facing it often sratching at it, is this normal for a new tortoise in a different enviroment?

ps. at night do wonder if my temperature drops below 19 degrees will it seriously effect the tortoise?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
First thing first welcome to the forum:) Ok what kind of tort do you have ? how old is it? what is the enclousure like . what are the temp's in the day? can you give some more info

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi FAB4:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

We'll need to know the answers to Corey's questions before we can help you. But there is a short period of time when a new tortoise is settling in. Let's hope that's all that's wrong with him. Also, does he have shade?

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Hi FAB4 welcome to the Forum, your tortoise is probably just stressed from the move. But more info and Pics of the set up will help some of the Experts help you have come to the right place there are lots of great people on here with lots of knowledge they have helped me out a lot every time i need info and advice i come here,

HarleyK

5 Year Member
Welcome! When you provide more info on the setupnwe can make a better assessment. As foe the scratching i think toets do that. Even wheb my toet is in a pen outside he does that..... They just want open spacr and it does not necessarily mean hes unhappy or his habitat is not up to par.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
HarleyK said:
Welcome! When you provide more info on the setupnwe can make a better assessment. As foe the scratching i think toets do that. Even wheb my toet is in a pen outside he does that..... They just want open spacr and it does not necessarily mean hes unhappy or his habitat is not up to par.

Doncha' just love texting from a cell phone? :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.