is there a way to delete your own thread?

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
i was putting up a thread and i hit something to soon and it doubled the thread on accident i was wondering if there is a way to delete one's own thread? i left a comment on the thread i messed up on asking for it to be deleted as there is two threads with the same title but one has more info on it then the other

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I haven't seen a non-moderator screen, so I don't know if you have the same functions as I do, but check the printing just across the bottom of your post. It might say "edit - delete - report" Try hitting the delete and see what happens.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I tried to delete one of my own threads in the old TFO layout. It had the delete option but once I clicked it, I received a pop up window telling me I did not have authorization to make that change..

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
i tried deleteing my thread to and all it said was "you must have something typed" but it didn't actually have the delete option that i seen

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, there is a time limit. I don't know how long you have, but you can't make any changes after a certain time.

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
as far as i know only Mods can delete threads and we have to either PM them or tell them to do so...