Is my tortoise pyramiding?

Cutva

5 Year Member
I have a 3 month old baby tortoise but I want to make sure I can

Cutva

5 Year Member
catch it early. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428445081.161439.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428445098.557132.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428445141.394410.jpg He looks like he has a crease in his shell and I'm not sure if this is the beginning of pyramiding.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Aw...darn it! There's just nothing cuter than a baby Russian. Too bad they have to turn so ugly as the mature. :p

Just be sure to keep him in a warm, humid environment, and he'll grow fine. Have you had a change to read the care sheet for baby Russians that Biochemnerd808 wrote up for us? It's shown at the top of the russian section here on the Forum.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He looks fine now, but a little dry.

Are you using a damp substrate? Humid hide? Soaking routine? What is the ambient humidity in the enclosure?

Cutva

5 Year Member
He looks fine now, but a little dry.

Are you using a damp substrate? Humid hide? Soaking routine? What is the ambient humidity in the enclosure?
He has a humid hide and I wet his substrate every couple of days. I also give him 20 minute baths daily, his thermometer ran out of batteries a few days ago so I need to go to the store but I think it is around 55 usually.

Cutva

5 Year Member
Aw...darn it! There's just nothing cuter than a baby Russian. Too bad they have to turn so ugly as the mature. :p

Just be sure to keep him in a warm, humid environment, and he'll grow fine. Have you had a change to read the care sheet for baby Russians that Biochemnerd808 wrote up for us? It's shown at the top of the russian section here on the Forum.
Thanks ❤️ and I'm going over to read that right now.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He has a humid hide and I wet his substrate every couple of days. I also give him 20 minute baths daily, his thermometer ran out of batteries a few days ago so I need to go to the store but I think it is around 55 usually.

All sounds great.