Is my enclosure large enough?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
I adopted two Greeks, a male and a female, before I knew any better. *blushes* I've now been trying out several arrangements to keep them apart, such as giving them turns in the garden. But the female proved a champion climber and started escaping onto the neighbors' half and into the backyard. It's not very safe there, so I decided to keep her inside the enclosure.

The best I could do is an area of approx. 150cm x 270 cm (4.9x8.9ft). Can she be reasonably happy in there? She's 15.5cm (6.1') and 900gr (1.98lb).

Both Greeks are kept outdoors. I'm in Western Turkey, and the current temperatures are 91 F (33 C) high, 70 F (22 C) low. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1472202792.789534.jpg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I adopted two Greeks, a male and a female, before I knew any better. *blushes* I've now been trying out several arrangements to keep them apart, such as giving them turns in the garden. But the female proved a champion climber and started escaping onto the neighbors' half and into the backyard. It's not very safe there, so I decided to keep her inside the enclosure.

The best I could do is an area of approx. 150cm x 270 cm (4.9x8.9ft). Can she be reasonably happy in there? She's 15.5cm (6.1') and 900gr (1.98lb).

Both Greeks are kept outdoors. I'm in Western Turkey, and the current temperatures are 91 F (33 C) high, 70 F (22 C) low. View attachment 184754
Looks great, but take care: torts are "monkeys" when climbing, and so determined to get out!:p

Would love to see pics of your Greek torts.:)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
That's super. Bigger is always better, but that is perfectly adequate in my opinion.
You may need to fence or raise the height of the wall on the right, they have been known to start sky-diving.
I would add a couple more hides and some more shrubs as well as another shallow water feature or two.
Good job. :)