Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To light and to small

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
based on the pic in your hand i'd say that it is big for 4 yrs old . assuming it's captive raised it should be on the big side ........ the shell looks like an older injury/infection , it doesn't appear active in a pic , in person may be different .... "shell rot" is a pretty broad term......
the pic is a 4yrs old born and raised outside 24/7/365 in northeast ohio , don't have a pic in my hand , but it's much smaller than yours , mine is an eastern .....

IMG-0536.jpg

BearTheTurtle

USA Oklahoma
Hey Sorry, I’m new here and I haven’t got the hang of everything yet, I accidentally made it look like both of those pictures are the same turtle but they are actually different ones… The smaller one {on the pink blanket} is the one I was asking if she was small for 4 years old and The bigger one {I think she’s 6} with the injured shell I was asking if anyone knew what the green spot on her shell…

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
takes a wild raised eastern box turtle about 4-5yrs to get about 4 ounces ...... captive, grown year round can get 4 ounces much faster...... from the pic, which is not real detailed, your turtle looks like it was raised outdoors......

BearTheTurtle

USA Oklahoma
She basically was raised outdoors, I found her in May and as soon as I rescued her she acted normal I let her explore outside all the time and she loves it!!!😍