Adult eastern box turtle

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
Is there anyone in the western Massachusetts area who would like to adopt my adult eastern box turtle? I’m moving and no longer have an outdoor space for her which is where I kept her all summer. It’s not fair to her so I’m looking for someone to take her but you’d have to have an outdoor space for her.

I’m not entirely sure that she’s a female. But she’s warmer up to me so much over the past 2 years and it really breaks my heart to let her go but it’s for the best.

christykindness

5 Year Member
Fallon, NV
If the eyes are red, it's a male. Is shipping something you would consider? If so I might adopt, Eastern boxes are my favorite breed so sweet, if not, I might have some family in NH that would be interested, let me ask.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Red eyes don't always mean male. I've had plenty of females with red eyes. Had males without red eyes as well. Tail and plastron are a little more accurate ways.

Kyle
I always use placement of anal vent. The most accurate method really.

EP429

5 Year Member
Central Texas
If you're willing to ship I'd be happy to take her and pay for the ride. Shipping isn't difficult, just takes a bit of care in the packaging.

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear. I’m sure someone on this forum can give it a good home in your area. I’m in Texas, but have a group of easterns that would live with it. However, I’m guessing you can find someone in your area to give it a good home.

Baggagewoofer

Chicago and Orleans, MA.
Is there anyone in the western Massachusetts area who would like to adopt my adult eastern box turtle? I’m moving and no longer have an outdoor space for her which is where I kept her all summer. It’s not fair to her so I’m looking for someone to take her but you’d have to have an outdoor space for her.

I’m not entirely sure that she’s a female. But she’s warmer up to me so much over the past 2 years and it really breaks my heart to let her go but it’s for the best.
I have a summer home in Orleans, MA, on the Cape. I will be in MA the first week of May. I am a veterinarian and have one other, adopted box turtle. I would be happy to adopt your turtle should you still have her. Please let me know.

Peter Barrows

Not to take away from Baggagewoofer, but if you still have not placed your Eastern Box Turtle, I am also interested. I also live on the Cape (full time) so I could start taking care of her now. I presently have a young male and looking to get a female. Thanks

Obdigital

I’m probably real late to reply to this post but if you have yet found a home for your eastern I am currently building an inclosure and want an eastern box turtle but see it’s hard to obtain them. I live in Orlando Fl but am willing to pay for the shipping if it’s still available. Thanks I’m advance

Mickey10

Memphis, TN

Would you be willing to ship her? I have worked with box turtles for over 9 years and would love to adopt your beautiful baby!

Baggagewoofer

Chicago and Orleans, MA.
Mickey10,
I’m assuming that since the poster never responded to any of us, they will not respond now either, since it’s been exactly 2 years since the original post. My guess is he or she placed the turtle and never updated their thread. Hopefully, it found a good home!