Is her shell okay?

KeriSamurai

Location (City and/or State)
Slovakia
Hello everyone! I want to ask you.. i own testudo hermanni and she (posiblly he- we dont know yet) is little over 3 years old. i have her over 2 years and i really do hope i am taking a good care of her.. most of the time we have her on our balcony or backyard where she can have plenty of room to roam and naturall sunlight and if its too cold or rainy we keep her inside in terrarium with proper bulb and hiding place on the other side of basking place. She went through hibernation over winter very well and we keep her on diet consisting of different salad leaves with granules for tortoises, always powdered with Vitamin powder and squid bone always in her encolure (fruits once a month ). When we bought her she didnt had her shell flat.
Please do you think she looks okay? I am just making sure, i want to give her a best life she can get and if you have any objections and advices for me i will be very glad for them.
IMG_20190412_110410.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190326_115625.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20190326_115641.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20190412_110404.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 19

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Welcome to TFO. ;)

The Shell looks OK, but the enclosure doesn’t.

That substrate is not suitable for a start... wood chips are far too dry. This species needs warmth and humidity which create my having a compost-like substrate such as fine grade orchid bark or coco coir which you mix with water until all of it is evenly damp right to the bottom and into the corners.

Please can we see photos of the full enclosure and lighting?

Diet should be a mixture of weedy and leafy greens. Your tortoise cannot digest sugars properly so sweet foods like fruit, bell pepper, tomato and carrot should only be fed very sparingly and very occasionally.

I recommend you read the TFO care guides and compare them with your setup.

They're written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and from pet stores and, sadly, from some breeders and vets too.

Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Russian Tortoise Care (Care is similar for Hermann’s)
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/