Introductions and a bit of advice

ELLIE753

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom, West Sussex
Hello Ellie and Welcome to Tortoise Forum where we have the best up to date tortoise info in the world. And lots of friendly, knowledgeable people.
Pretty sure it's a female, So Bill is now Billie ?
Nice healthy looking girl in my opinion.
With the enclosures, bigger is always better and you need a hide for the tortoise to shelter from the sun and feel safe.
Planting some safe plants can accomplish the same and give some interest to the tort.
To me the enclosure is a bit small and plain.
The roof is good, but don't bother with the sand. If a tortoise eats sand it can cause impaction and this leads to all sorts of serious health issues sometimes.
Good luck.
Bill is now Billie!! Thank you for your welcome. I am in agreement with you in the plain and am looking into ways of making it a bit better for her! I do want her to be happy!! She does love her little hide out under the roof and I try to get her into her outside enclousre as much as possible. We are moving house and am planning to make her something spectacular when we do. I love this site, warm friendly and no judgment judt help and advice, thank you all! I have learnt so much already!

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
I would definitely add some safe plants to the enclosure, she'll love it. And...welcome! What a beautiful little girl you have. :)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Yeah, that's a girl alright. Just remember when you move and set up a new enclosure..... Think bigger, much bigger. Just because she's a small girl doesn't mean she's supposed to live in a small box. Give her room to roam.

ELLIE753

United Kingdom, West Sussex
Yeah, that's a girl alright. Just remember when you move and set up a new enclosure..... Think bigger, much bigger. Just because she's a small girl doesn't mean she's supposed to live in a small box. Give her room to roam.
Ha ha who knew! Poor Billie. I cant wait till we have more space and I can build her a really big enclosure! SHE will love it, only a couple more weeks, she is outside whenever possible and her enclosure is much bigger!!! Thank you everyone

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Welcome to TFO! Looks like your Bill is a girl :p!