Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi RedFootMomma, and welcome to the Forum!

RedFootMomma

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome! My first red foot, Carlos, is starting to pyramid ) : I have read through a lot of the threads on this topic & am fairly convinced it is a humidity issue. (he gets a great organic varied diet, calcium, good substrata, good lighting, etc) We live in northern Arizona, the high desert at 7000 feet, about 0% humidity. I purchased dear Carlos out of pity, seeing him in the petstore, knowing he shouldn't be here, plus he was just so darn cute & friendly. I did my research ahead of time & thought I was prepared, but here, a year + later I am starting to worry about the pyramiding & possible MBD. My second thought is a lack of good exercise ) : a new enclosure is at the top of my to do list, but I live in a very small house & have 2 kids so creating a huge habitat just isn't happening for us. (Unfortunately I believed the salesman at Petsmart when he advised me on habitat size.) Would it be advisable for him to get more exercise if we gave him some out of habitat time on a jute rug with a puppy play pen around it? Outside really isn't an option this time of year & I haven't had him out during the summer months out of concern for high UV rays at our elevation. I want what's best for our little dude, & wonder if that may be finding him a new home in a better climate?

Sorry to be so long winded, just a worried mom ( :

Many thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.