Introduction for the Lizard Lady!

Hello Hello fellow tortoise lovers!

I have not kept a tortoise in well over a year, had pet sulcatas and rehomed them due to moving into an apartment until we bought a new home. Well, we did! I am getting out of breeding chameleons, panthers and montane species and going all out with the tortoises. Our first Indian star will be here Tuesday, he is a 7 year old blondie :) we are pumped! I will have to put up pictures this weekend as we start and finish the outdoor enclosure.

Please introduce yourself too, including if you care, raise, or breed stars. Those and radiated are the breeds we will be going with!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I'm a lizard lover too. Raised and kept quite a few species over the years. Mellers are my favorite chameleon species.

Have you been around many Indian stars? They are quite a bit different than the sulcatas you knew. Hope you love them and have great success.

Here is our boy!

Attachments

• blonde male indian 1.jpg
    blonde male indian 1.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 27
  • blonde male indian 2.jpg
    blonde male indian 2.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 26

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Hello and welcome to the forum i'm not a breeder but i care for a redfoot i'd love to have a couple stars some day tho

good luck and can't wait to see your new star!

I have been around, but never raised myself. I can say I have done my research and feel very confident! Thank you! Success to all.

I breed only tamatave panthers and will be trying my wild caught T. Deremensis pair later this year if I do not sell them too. It is debatable. I want to focus as much as I can on the torts I take in but my tamataves are very special to my heart.

Rob.harmon

I breed only tamatave panthers and will be trying my wild caught T. Deremensis pair later this year if I do not sell them too. It is debatable. I want to focus as much as I can on the torts I take in but my tamataves are very special to my heart.
I had a Jackson's, but it had an intestinal prolapse:(

Jacksons can be hard to keep, and yes the prolapses I have seen in others flocks :( Luckily the only problem I have had is randomly my best breeder female died in the middle of laying eggs. It was heart wrenching, all the eggs went bad as well within a week of incubation. I cried for at least 2 days. Big Bertha was the best. I have Tamataves incubating right now. I miss having babies running around.

Rob.harmon

Jacksons can be hard to keep, and yes the prolapses I have seen in others flocks :( Luckily the only problem I have had is randomly my best breeder female died in the middle of laying eggs. It was heart wrenching, all the eggs went bad as well within a week of incubation. I cried for at least 2 days. Big Bertha was the best. I have Tamataves incubating right now. I miss having babies running around.
:( that's so sad:(
Maybe she was too tired

Yes, but at the same time chameleons are one of the hardest herps to keep in my opinion because they can with hold illness for extremely long periods of time. The moment they show something, you know its severe in most cases. Also, females can sometimes just die for no reason during egg carrying or bearing. It is one reason why I am getting out of chameleons, her loss hit me hard.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Sydney welcome to the TFO and the world of torts from AZ .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome. I use to have some chameleons. 1.1 parsonii, ambanja, Pygmy leafs and some johnstonii. Got eggs from the johnstonii, they were super awesome. Long time ago when I had those. Wish I had some still. Very unique reptiles.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Sydney!

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Nice looking star. I myself would live some radiated and Burmese. One day. I'll focus on my Indian stars for now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello,and Welcome:) Glad to,have you here. This is the best place for the most updated info. I too have a chameleon, a panther. I go for the more common ones:D Next one will be a panther though. Mine was a year when I got him and isn't a nice guy:mad: But very big and pretty. If you tort is being shipped to you, be sure to give him and warm soak for 20-30 minutes and then some food. Good luck, waiting to see more pics when you get him.