Introducing Kaiju

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakeyourhip

5 Year Member
Hello, I've been lurking the forums for a few months now. Seems like the right time to share. I had spent countless hours reading several websites, books and talking to independent pet stores to make sure I could take care of a tortoise properly. Feeling confident, I searched and found out about the Bay Area Tortoise Rescue in Castro Valley. The owners showed me around and I stumbled upon, well my new son. Here come the pictures!

image-1345988719.png

image-2880239991.png

image-1090561434.png

image-3533624038.png

I wanted to take him home right away, but picked him up a week later as I spent the time building his 36 square foot covered enclosure for my backyard. If you didn't notice in the pictures, he is missing his front paw. A critter bit it off 2 years ago and he was dropped off at the Tortoise Rescue. There he was rehabilitated back into health and learned how to walk despite his unfortunate circumstances. He is my hero and I love him so much. This website has taught me much about taking care of him and for that I am truly grateful. Thank you; I look forward in sharing my journey with Kaiju with you.

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
I thought he was missing his foot, but then decided I'd imagined it. Silly me! He is a lovely boy.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
What a great story! Glad to hear that you are giving him a great life now. He looks like a western hermanns.

Shakeyourhip

5 Year Member
Eweezyfosheezy said:
What a great story! Glad to hear that you are giving him a great life now. He looks like a western hermanns.

Yes he is a hermann, wasn't sure though if he was eastern or western.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Welcome! Kaiju is quite a survivor! I'm glad you found this forum helpful! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.